cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vortechev
Asteroid

Samsung Galaxy Watch inaccurately counting floors climbed.

I have mentioned this before, but with little feedback I want to bring it up again. I purchased this $350 SMARTwatch back in November of last year. I expected all the features to work properly of course. I was very happy with it until a few months ago when it stopped counting floors all together. Luckily, there is a helpful solution to this particular issue. (https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Floor-count-going-crazy-Galaxy-46-mm/m-p/720623). HOWEVER, now I am having difficulty of the watch counting TOO MANY floors. For example, just today I did 20,000 steps and my watch says I've climbed 168 floors. In reality, I did maybe 12? I discovered it sometimes work better when my phone is off, which is very odd. This should absoultly not be happening on a watch that cost $350. It is not a single issue either as many other people have also compainled but with no solution. Any feedback I recieve will be greatly appreicated!

7 REPLIES 7
userb8r4IZMTOP
Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch inaccurately counting floors climbed.

mine is doing the same started after software update very frustrating 

userleH3e1DTAg
Constellation

After reading all the concerns about the steps/floors, it dawned on me through one of the responses about the watch faces. What if the watch face is too complicated and is sharing the same resources that are necessary to account for steps/stairs.... just a thought...

I have a Galaxy Watch paird with a S9+. I too was seeing anomalies with the counts. I changed the watch face that was less complicated and also initiated the step machine as my exercise. The step count and the floor count were right on. I will trying some other things to see if this theory of mine is correct.

Just wanted to share some options you may want to try.

vortechev
Asteroid

Thanks for the feedback. I am currently using the MD103 watch face, which does display a lot of information including the stair count. I haven't changed the watch face yet but right now my watch isn't even counting stairs at all. I'm 8200 steps into my day and not a single flight of stairs recorded. I am also using an S9+ and will definently be testing this out. Samsung should address and fix this issue. @userleH3e1DTAg 

Highlighted
userKKmtZNeBqI
Constellation

Thought I had sorted mine out the other week however walking round a shop all on one ground floor it seems I had walked up 58 floors in 15 mins looked at the altimeter and it kept on giving different readings from -120 feet below to over 3000 up probably why I have done 58 floors in 15 mins have tried all different ways to set it to the correct settings both automatically and manually it makes no difference it just goes haywire 2 seconds later seems Samsung are selling watches not fit for purpose

userFkQFYFStNb
Constellation

I climbed 300 steps the other day, plus I went on a 2 mile hike that changed my elevation. It told me I climbed 9 floors. It never counts the floors at work or my home. My friends, who joined me that day had a Garmin and an Apple watch. Both of them had over 30 floors climbed. I agree that this is a function that should work correctly. Especially if it is the main item that is on every watch face and used as a main activity goal. Also not allowing me to send messages is really bugging me along with only having bixby as a voice assistant... Love the device, not happy that it has been out this long without solutions for me to fix it properly 

userSUUt3IZ7Es
Astronaut

My Galaxy Watch has started doing the same thing about a week ago in the UK. Recorded an insane amount if floors. This morning, 1 minute after getting out of bed and only going downstairs once, managed to track 16 floors climbed. I've been upstairs 3 times now but have tracked 28 floors. Assuming this is also link to the fact that I'm a whopping 1140kcals under my daily budget already!

This device, when working properly, is excellent. But now, not being able to track kcals correctly, completely renders the watch pointless for me as tracking exercise vs calorie intake is the reason I have it. Swapped from Fitbit to Samsung due to the problems I was having with Fitbit. But Fitbit was never this useless!

user3iKF8KUJWZ
Astronaut

Indeed, my brand new, fully updated, Active 2 is doing the same thing. I can climb the stairs or even a hill on my property (at least 30 vertical feet) and it still says zero.