cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch overheating and battery draining very fast after software update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here, 6 month old galaxy watch lte, awful battery,  often doesnt charge and overheats all the time on the charger. It's been in the repair once and I was without the watch for 3 weeks... nothing changed. 

Really frustrating  considering I'll be paying for it on contract for another 28 months and it's useless. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch overheating and battery draining very fast after software update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here. I bought the watch Jan/2019, and since last week, suddenly happened. Watch started overheating and won't even stay turned on more than 10mins. After turn on the watch, it overheats immediately, and giving me warning “watch needs to be cool down” and turn off. Tried reset watch, uninstall wearable app and re-install. nothing changed. I haven't been able to use the watch for a week.

I truly regret the purchase. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my Galaxy Watch for over a year. No issues up until this past week, I'm not even sure if there was an update because I mindlessly update my watch thinking it will never brick it, but I guess I learned a lesson from this device.

About 2 weeks ago on a Saturday morning, I took my watch off the charger after letting it charge about 6 hours to reach 100%. I slapped it on my wrist around 9AM and went about my day like normal. Around 11:30AM (right before lunch) I noticed by left wrist was a little uncomfortable, I thought I just had dirt or something under my watch, but I turned and looked at it and saw my battery percentage was at 73%, a 27% drop in less than 3 hours? I was used to going for about 3-4 days without charging. I noticed that when I took the watch off and touched the back (heart rate sensor area), it was really hot. I turned it off, let it cool down for about an hour and put it back on. By 3PM it was completely dead.

I have no clue what to do, I did do a full factory reset of the watch plus the standard unpair/pair on my phone. I drained the watch to 0% (which was pretty easy now) and charged it back to 100% and it still won't last more than 12 hours as well as start to really get hot.

Originally I thought my watch just died, so I was gonna get a new one (Fossil Sport) but it doesn't even begin to compare to the Galaxy Watch. So I figured I'd try to google it and I found this thread and I am relieved to find others with the issue to make sure I didn't just break my watch. I got the watch as a Christmas gift so there are no receipts available, and I can't find the box for a warranty which really is sad for me.

I am hoping this is just a software/OS issue, because I would really like to use my watch again. I really wish we could get some sort of update to this with a solution.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well last night after my run my watch overheated and my heart rate sensor melted resulting in it burning my wrist it also gave me an overheating warning n smoke started to come out from the back, my watch also updated last week,  and this has never happened before I am truly upset because my watch is just over a year old meaning it just past the warranty. 

Is there a way it can be fixed.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I definitely can understand the frustrations with this. For best practices with this device, make sure you keep the watch updated at all times (check manually even if you have it on auto-update) When you work out with the device on you may want to take it off afterward to give it a chance to cool down. Wearing it in places wit excessive heat may not be the best option. If you wear the device while you sleep try to ensure that you are not sleeping on it as your body heat my overheat it as well.

For your battery draining fast give this link about battery life a shot: https://agent.samsungsupport.com/us/home?categoryCode1=N0000001&categoryCode2=N0000894&categoryCode3...

If this began after an update, try resetting the watch right away. (this should be done after every update as well as every now and then just to keep the device running smoothly)

If the device is causing pain, bruising or has something similar to visible smoke coming from it please send me your full model code and serial number via private message right away.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thats hardly a solution. Whoever selected that as the best solution is shill for samsung. Shame on you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My watch has not been keeping charge for longer than a few hours but after last night being on charge it has only reached 20% .when I put it on this morning it burnt me !? I love this watch but its increasingly frustrating .please help 

@SamsungLarry wrote:

I definitely can understand the frustrations with this. For best practices with this device, make sure you keep the watch updated at all times (check manually even if you have it on auto-update) When you work out with the device on you may want to take it off afterward to give it a chance to cool down. Wearing it in places wit excessive heat may not be the best option. If you wear the device while you sleep try to ensure that you are not sleeping on it as your body heat my overheat it as well.

For your battery draining fast give this link about battery life a shot: https://agent.samsungsupport.com/us/home?categoryCode1=N0000001&categoryCode2=N0000894&categoryCode3...

If this began after an update, try resetting the watch right away. (this should be done after every update as well as every now and then just to keep the device running smoothly)

If the device is causing pain, bruising or has something similar to visible smoke coming from it please send me your full model code and serial number via private message right away.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently purchased the Galaxy smartwatch 42mm model SM-R810NZDAXAR. It will not charge because it over heats. Help trouble shooting and resolving this problem would be greatly appreciated. This link no longer works to the solution.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem intermittently. I recently discovered it only happens when using my Earbuds, which then disconnects the watch from the phone/Galaxy Wearable App. When I finish using the Earbuds, the app still has them selected but not connected. In this state the app doesn't automatically reconnect to the watch. The watch then keeps retrying to connect, causing the watch to overheat and draw on battery. Once I manually connect the watch via the app, the watch returns to normal.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch overheating and battery draining very fast after soft..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When you charge the watch do you power it off, or charge while the watch is on?