cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch overheating and battery draining very fast after software update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've yet to find a solution using all of the resources found in this thread. Is there a resolution in the works? What can be done? @SamsungLarry 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch overheating and battery draining very fast after software update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the troubleshooting is not working the watch will need to be serviced. For service options, you can call 1-800-726-7864.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is NOT a solution. Don't wear it when its hot, take it off after exercising ....? Really?

My first watch was replaced are two attempts to fix overheating inclunding battery replacement.  "NEW" warranty replacement does the exact same thing. 

And the turn around and communication is horrible. 

Can't wait until apple makes a watch that looks like a watch. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

$600 watch. They replaced my main board,  battery, and back cover then sent it back. It did this again still after repair. First they said they can't fix it, now they say case is closed there was nothing wrong with the watch. I took pictures of it overheating, the pictures are time & day stamped proving there is a problem. No it never got wet, only used samsung charger. There are lots of people with this problem. Why is samsung saying there's nothing wrong. How do I take this further when I know my $600 watch doesn't work and samsung says it does?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch overheating and battery draining very fast after soft..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When you charge the watch do you power it off, or charge while the watch is on?

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I reset my GW last night after a week of abysmal battery life all of a sudden. I did not restore any backups, so the watch is basically bone stock. Overnight, things looked promising: 2% used in 6 hours of no use on my bedside table, when I picked it up to check. But the next time I picked it up (still not used) the battery had plummeted to 60% in less than four hours.

I charged it fully again and wore it for a couple of hours. Again, it was sipping battery, losing only a couple % in about three hours. Put it on a kitchen counter while I cooked, and came back two hours later to find it at 58%!

The worse part is the HORRIBLE battery tracking available for the watch. It shows "Settings" as the number on culprit, but what the heck does THAT mean?! What is Settings doing to destroy the battery? 

Moderators should not be allowed to promote their answers as solutions, unless they really solve people's problems. If they don'tknow what they're talking about, they shouldn't comment. "Do a factory reset" is boilerplate nonsense.

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Two things I've tried since yesterday, after which my Watch is showing the battery life it used to: turned off "auto-switch" (I have a Watch and Active 2), and I kill Samsung Health every chance I get. The heart rate sensor seemed to be taking readings of my bedside table, so maybe that's been my issue. Or not. But so far, so good.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This actually seems to be working as of right now, so thanks for the advice. 

However, if we're paying 500+ for a device, shouldn't it function at its full capabilites? This watch is named the "ACTIVE 2" and I'm being told I have to turn off Samsung Health in order to get it to function properly??

Samsung, this is unacceptable and I expect a solution.

A loyal but frustrated Samsung customer..

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch overheating and battery draining very fast after ..

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have seen that green sensor on for no reason when the phone was hot. each time I had the watch on my night stand or on the bed beside me. it has now gotten to the point where it will die even though it was showing 70%. I turn it back on and it shows 100% then after a minute, 2%.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch overheating and battery draining very fast after ..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there!

I would be happy to look into your concerns.

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.