cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung Galaxy Watch overheating and battery draining very fast after software update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In the last few days I'm facing a lot of problems with my watch. The watch is not charging properly, it's heating up while charging. The screen keeps on showing overheating signs and goes into some power-saving mode. And above all the battery drains in like 3 to 4 hrs. I have been using the watch for almost a year now and never had a problem before.

Kindly help me with a solution.
I'm using Note 10 plus.

Regards

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch overheating and battery draining very fast after software update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I definitely can understand the frustrations with this. For best practices with this device, make sure you keep the watch updated at all times (check manually even if you have it on auto-update) When you work out with the device on you may want to take it off afterward to give it a chance to cool down. Wearing it in places wit excessive heat may not be the best option. If you wear the device while you sleep try to ensure that you are not sleeping on it as your body heat my overheat it as well.

For your battery draining fast give this link about battery life a shot: https://agent.samsungsupport.com/us/home?categoryCode1=N0000001&categoryCode2=N0000894&categoryCode3...

If this began after an update, try resetting the watch right away. (this should be done after every update as well as every now and then just to keep the device running smoothly)

If the device is causing pain, bruising or has something similar to visible smoke coming from it please send me your full model code and serial number via private message right away.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch overheating and battery draining very fast after software update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here.

And my watch will not stay connected to my Note 10+ anymore, ever.

Before the update, my watch battery would be at 80% to 90% at the end of the day, because I don't use AOD and turned off all health features.

Today I got home from work and set it on my charger down at 37% battery.

And that's at just 4:30 in the afternoon.

Which has been the new norm.

And quite a few times it just stopped charging and I have to lift it off the charger and set it back down.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried resetting your watch?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried resetting also but the problem remains as it is...

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userzxAfvJmnDh I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there a solution for this issue, because I am having this same issue since I have updated my watch.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can try these steps to keep it from becoming hot: Keep your Galaxy device at its normal operating temperature

These steps should help with battery life: Reduced battery life on your Samsung smart watch

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also just experiencing this issue... Had my watch for almost exactly 1 year now and I'm getting errors like: "watch may slow down, pause, or dim the screen until it cools", and temperature warning symbols. 

I'll have a full battery, take it off the charger and within a few mins, I've lost a quarter of my battery. I've also seen the overheating issue happen while my watch was being charged overnight. I put it on to the charger at 70% and when I picked it up in the morning I had 12%. I've reset my watch, reinstalled my apps, changed phones but none of those seem to help. As I've been sitting here charging my watch, it has gone from 59% to 39% while charging.

I'm seriously regretting buying this.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userzxAfvJmnDh Does your watch ever get to point where it's too hot to touch?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Initially, it does heat too much, but now it takes like 7 to 8 hrs to charge and the battery drains in like 2 to 3 hrs even when kept on power-saving mode.

Kindly help me with a solution.
I'm using Note 10 plus.

Regards