cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userzxAfvJmnDh
Asteroid

Samsung Galaxy Watch overheating and battery draining very fast after software update

In the last few days I'm facing a lot of problems with my watch. The watch is not charging properly, it's heating up while charging. The screen keeps on showing overheating signs and goes into some power-saving mode. And above all the battery drains in like 3 to 4 hrs. I have been using the watch for almost a year now and never had a problem before.

Kindly help me with a solution.
I'm using Note 10 plus.

Regards

20 REPLIES 20
Comet

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch overheating and battery draining very fast after software update

Same here.

And my watch will not stay connected to my Note 10+ anymore, ever.

Before the update, my watch battery would be at 80% to 90% at the end of the day, because I don't use AOD and turned off all health features.

Today I got home from work and set it on my charger down at 37% battery.

And that's at just 4:30 in the afternoon.

Which has been the new norm.

And quite a few times it just stopped charging and I have to lift it off the charger and set it back down.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch overheating and battery draining very fast after software update

Have you tried resetting your watch?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userzxAfvJmnDh
Asteroid

I have tried resetting also but the problem remains as it is...

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userzxAfvJmnDh I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userE5ziZd5YjQ
Constellation

Is there a solution for this issue, because I am having this same issue since I have updated my watch.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You can try these steps to keep it from becoming hot: Keep your Galaxy device at its normal operating temperature

These steps should help with battery life: Reduced battery life on your Samsung smart watch

userpKsRSuSEtu
Astronaut

I am also just experiencing this issue... Had my watch for almost exactly 1 year now and I'm getting errors like: "watch may slow down, pause, or dim the screen until it cools", and temperature warning symbols. 

I'll have a full battery, take it off the charger and within a few mins, I've lost a quarter of my battery. I've also seen the overheating issue happen while my watch was being charged overnight. I put it on to the charger at 70% and when I picked it up in the morning I had 12%. I've reset my watch, reinstalled my apps, changed phones but none of those seem to help. As I've been sitting here charging my watch, it has gone from 59% to 39% while charging.

I'm seriously regretting buying this.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userzxAfvJmnDh Does your watch ever get to point where it's too hot to touch?

userzxAfvJmnDh
Asteroid

Initially, it does heat too much, but now it takes like 7 to 8 hrs to charge and the battery drains in like 2 to 3 hrs even when kept on power-saving mode.

Kindly help me with a solution.
I'm using Note 10 plus.

Regards