Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Watch won't numbersync to my phone

(Topic created: 07-08-2019 02:10 PM)
useru1UGEaMncR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch and it won't numbersync to my phone.  I have taken into Best Buy (where I bought it) and they couldn't help and told me to go see my service provider.  Then, I went to At&t and they tried to help, but couldn't figure out why it wasn't connecting  and to contact Samsung, so here I am.

Thanks,

Justin

27 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can I please get your full model number, baseband version, Bluetooth or LTE, the device your watch is paired with as well as the Android version on the device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usereCGwoszvHJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Adam, I am having the exact same problem.   I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Watch (Model SM-R805U, with LTE), and neither Best Buy or AT&T are able to get NumberSync to work.   I was able to successfully register the watch on AT&T's network and it now has an assigned phone number, and ICCID.    Every time I try to set-up NumberSync, the watch says "NumberSync Not Available".   Is this something I should contact Samsung support on?   Thanks > Joe

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Can I please get your full model number, baseband version, Bluetooth or LTE, the device your watch is paired with as well as the Android version on the device?

Watch Model: SM-R805U

Serial Number: <hidden>

Software Version: R805USQU1BSE3

Phone Model: Galaxy S7: SM-G935A

Baseband Version: G935AUCUACSF1

Android Version: 8.0.0

Buid Number: R15NW.G935AUCUACSF1

0 Likes
useru1UGEaMncR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Watch Model: SM-R815U

Software Version: R815USQU1ARH1

Phone Model: Galaxy S8: SM-G95OU

Baseband Version: G950USQS1AQF7

Android Version: 7.0.0

Buid Number: ?

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch

I recommend trying AT&T. This is a carrier specific function.

0 Likes
useru1UGEaMncR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I tried at&t first (phone calls, in person visits, escalated phone calls).  They couldn't help and told me to talk to Samsung. The option they were looking for on the watch, they said was missing.

0 Likes
usereCGwoszvHJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

We've all tried ATT, multiple times.   If Samsung doesn't escalate this, people are going to stop buying your watches.   My wife's apple watch works fine - I think I'll return my galaxy watch and get one of theirs........

userWFzaCX23pl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So currently I am going through the exact same problem. I have had the Samsung Galaxy watch since Dec. It has been working fine up until about 3 weeks ago. It fails to numbersync stating its unavailable.  I have been in contact with my carrier  (ATT) and have gone through 4 stages of tech support through AT&T. I have resetted my watch 3 times, my phone twice, have gotten 2 new e-sims and am still at square one. For 2 weeks I have been bounced around from tech support to tech support and the best thing I get is an "I understand your fustration" comment. I have a warranty on my watch and insurance.  I was finally put through to Samsung and they told me they dont replace watches.  They service them. I would need to send the watch to them with a turn around timeframe of 9 to 11 business days to decide what is the next step. This has been the most horrific example of customer service and support.  So I have done everything on my end and been without the features of my watch for 3 weeks and is expected to be another 2 weeks without it. This is horrible. I am ready to ditch Samsung. Thank you Samsung for this experience. 

usermb8KRufMxt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

exact same thing for me

userl8AEtzR5hN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

two stores, two different states. neither could help..