cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userEziFyfweER
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy Watch

DO NOT BUY  the Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch to use the Swimming app on it and DO NOT BELIEVE their false advertising that it is swim ready and water resistant to 50 meters!  I bought one a few months ago and it quit working after just a few pool sessions.  I sent it in for warranty repair and they said because it had water damage in it, even though from normal use, the warranty didn't apply.  This is blatant false advertising.   Do not take your watch in the pool regardless of what they say.  They are not telling the truth.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch

The watches have 2 water-based ratings, let's review IP68 for the series. Samsung US states: "The Galaxy Fit, Gear S3, Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Watch Active, and Galaxy Watch Active2 can stay under 5 feet of water for up to 30 minutes."

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078031/

As for 5ATM, a fair counter point, Samsung (AU) has an interesting comment.

"The above devices have been certified to 5ATM standards. This means that they are water resistant to up to 50 metres in depth for 10 minutes. They are now suitable for low-velocity and shallow-water activities, including swimming. 

An ATM rating is an international standard that [...] pressure your device can handle when motionless under water. [...] hence the 5ATM rating of the Galaxy Watch Active2, Galaxy Watch Active, Galaxy Fit, Galaxy Watch, Gear Sport and Gear Fit2 Pro. However, we suggest that these devices are only used in shallow water if the activity involves motion."

I'm simply sharing this for other swimmers that may cross this thread.  

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
userEziFyfweER
Constellation

This watch was only used in a pool less than five feet deep and I'm not sure how a swimming app on it would be used without motion, referring to your comment that the device should only be used in shallow water if the activity involves motion.  Swimming is motion.  Saying the watch is "swim ready" and putting a swim exercise app on it explicitly implies that it can be used while swimming in a relatively shallow pool.  This watch did not perform to that clearly described function, which means it was either defective and should be covered under warranty or your advertising was and continues to be fraudulent.  I thought Samsung was a better company than that, but now I know otherwise.  Buyers beware!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could you send me a private message so that I can get some additional information from you? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.