JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 02-04-2020 12:09 PM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
Muzzz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm almost afraid that nothing will be done about my own watch. At this point, I can literally spin the cover because it goes off center as I wear it. I take the watch off when I shower, so no substantial moisture should've touched the inside of the watch. But now the sensors don't read/track my activity. How can so many people have the same problem and the faulty attachments be our fault? The watch was literally designed for us to swim in it, but a drop of water voids the warranty? I pray I get a suitable resolution.

user8l9mqbt0DH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,

The same has happened to me as well. 2 days ago, the heart rate sensor (green lights) stopped working.  Step tracking works, but intermittently. I no longer receive results for heart rate, stress levels or sleep. Along with this, the cover fell off yesterday, and the watch charges, but not consistently.  Not sure what to do at this point. Anyone have any ideas as to a fix (that does not include purchasing a new watch?)

userrEjJ6YBGp8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Muzzz wrote:

I'm almost afraid that nothing will be done about my own watch. At this point, I can literally spin the cover because it goes off center as I wear it. I take the watch off when I shower, so no substantial moisture should've touched the inside of the watch. But now the sensors don't read/track my activity. How can so many people have the same problem and the faulty attachments be our fault? The watch was literally designed for us to swim in it, but a drop of water voids the warranty? I pray I get a suitable resolution.

Start a separate/individual thread. You'll have a better chance of catching their attention & getting a response from them. I responded to someone else's thread a while back & there was no response or acknowledgment from them, but when I started my own thread/complaint they replied within a few hours, actually catching me by surprise. They worked pretty quickly to get it resolved too. Got my watch back & working as new.

0 Likes
userYyJrQ8NUdk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Exactly the same issue with mine today. Am so upset. I saved up for so long for my samsung watch and take such good care of it never going near any water with it. I have the sensor cover but it wont stick back on. cant believe all this money for this to happen..any one able to help? 

0 Likes
userkHciZkpRy6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought the Samsung Galaxy Active 2 not even a year ago! Last month, the back plate on the watch fell off! I contacted the Samsung warranty service and sent in my watch to get it serviced. They adhered the plate back on and within a month, the back plate is starting to fall off again. Is there any way to get to permanently fixed? 

0 Likes
CowtownAngel
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Mine fell off also
0 Likes
userdx1oLreUSU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just took my Galaxy watch off and found the sensor cover hanging off of my wrist by a piece of sticky glue. I tried to push it back in place on the back of my watch but whatever glue there was is not sticking. I'm sure my waterproofing is gone. I loved this watch, best I've owned. Is there any solution?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and serial number/IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userAZdYIN79pR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

The same thing just happened to me! Of course my warranty just expired and I can't afford another one. There should be a better warranty with these watches. I mean they do advertise them used for daily fitness and even swimming (which I would NEVER do). Now I'm afraid to wear the watch without the back on it, I don't want to get shocked or burned like others have said. Does anyone know a fix for this problem so the sensor will still work??

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userAZdYIN79pR Oh no! Please send a private message with the following so I can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Model Code:

Serial Number:

Copy of the receipt:

Images of the back of the watch and sensor cover:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes