Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy watch update

(Topic created on: 4/2/21 5:25 PM)
userVTjzT4hUpq
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

After update my watch dies in an hour from 100% to 0 go back to old version please I love my expensive watch and would be very unhappy if it paper weight 

0 Likes
5 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Back up the watch and perform a Factory Reset and pair it again with your phone.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
userBcWD0sUv1w
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

That solution did not work for me. I did the factory reset and my battery still drains to 0 within an hour or two. 

I'm upset that I haven't been able to use my watch for over a week now.

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userBcWD0sUv1w 

I forgot to put this in my post because I take it for granted.

When you do the Factory Reset for troubleshooting purposes, do not restore your backup as it could be something in that backup causing the issue.  So perform the reset/re-pair and no restore and see if it is still draining.  If it is then you'll need to go to Samsung Members and and file an error report and request remote help.

If it solves the problem then you'll need to start slowly installing your apps while watching the battery drain until you find the culprit.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
usersH46YB2mFo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I’ve tried the factory reset without restoring, I kept the watch basic with no extra apps installed to try it and it made no difference. My battery still drained super fast. It even drains when charging if I don’t turn it off.

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

I think that your only option is to take it in for service.   But go to Samsung Members, tap on the headset icon at the bottom of the screen, and see if you can get help from a tech.

Bill
---
0 Likes