Original topic:

Samsung Health BPM on Watch 4

(Topic created: 10-12-2021 09:00 AM)
CMikeL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
The app on the Watch4 doesn't show the Heart Rate on the watch face. It only displays a large red heart. To see your heart rate, the displayed heart must be tapped. That is a waste of time and effort. Why can't the BPM shown in the app just be displayed? Isn't that the whole point of having Complications on the watch face?
Weather Channel does it with the weather correctly. The watch face Complication display shows the current temperature shown in the app. Maybe Samsung should take computing lessons from the Weather Channel.
0 Likes
6 Replies
JosephnK
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's either your watch face, or the continuous monitoring is turned off to save power.
0 Likes
CMikeL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't think you're correct.

1. There are more settings than the two you mention: Continuous or Off for the Heart Rate (HR). Samsung Health can be set to monitor HR every 10 minutes, not Continuous and not Off. My watch is on the 10 minute setting.

2. I have loaded several watch faces from different makers, and all of them only show a heart when the Samsung Health HR Complication is included on the watch face.

I've exchanged  messages with one of the developers and he revealed that Samsung is not supplying necessary information to display the current heart rate. To check on what he was telling me, I loaded other watch faces and they failed to present the accurate HR information.

There are a few (very few) watch faces that do provide the HR information, but I believe they are developed by Samsung. 

A major point behind going with Wear OS is so more apps and options, like watch faces, are available. 

If you are satisfied with the relatively few Samsung developed watch faces, good for you, but I want better.  I'm sure there are many more Watch4 customers who do also.

0 Likes
JosephnK
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
A lot of the watch faces are for Tizen, and I've only had problems with the one's that haven't been updated since August. Maybe check when the watch face of your choice has last been updated. Wear OS 3.0 is only available on the galaxy watch. Maybe there will be more demand for development when more devices are announced next year. I only suggested continuous monitoring so it would be constantly updated with HR data as a test.
0 Likes
CMikeL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Galaxy4 watch is less than a month old. And I checked and it has the latest software. I'm posting this because Samsung needs to recognize that they have not developed the Samsung Heart Rate Complexity properly for the Wear OS Samsung Galaxy4 watch. Surprising that they have to be told something so simple.

0 Likes
CMikeL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

However, I have found a really good Complexity to replace Samsung Health on my Galaxy Watch4.  It's called Cardiogram. Not only does it display the Heart Rate on the watch face - yes, the actual BPM number, not just a heart icon - it also tracks sleep, steps, and other health parameters. Unlike Samsung Health, it permits setting a variable for the number of minutes between measures - from 1 to 15 minutes - so it has more flexibility than off, constant, and 10 minute intervals to conserve the battery needed for HR measurements.

It has off and automatic measuring as well as the variable interval. I highly recommend it.

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you found Cardiogram and it is working well for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes