Original topic:

Samsung Health Google Fit steps issue

(Topic created: 05-10-2023 11:42 PM)
kchandler2000
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi all, got a new Galaxy Watch 5 so I'm using Samsung Health for fitness tracking. Prior to this I used fitbit. I use Google Fit as my main place to aggregate all this together over the years, via each apps integration with Health Connect. 

Fitbit would add steps to Health Connect bit by bit through the day, so Fit would update in lockstep with fitbit. And steps graphs would be accurate. 

But Samsung Health appears to just dump all steps into a single entry for the day, with timestamp 23:59. This leads to a) Fit showing 0 steps until the day ends and b) the step graph is totally wrong/flat distribution across the day. 

This isn't great, does anyone else get the same, or know why it is done this way, or know how to fix? 

Cheers

15 Replies
Loistronlucy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello I've the same issue with Galaxy Watch 4. 

• Could you solve this issue ?
userReXmgJM472
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same issue. Would love to know why it's like this. It wasn't like this before.
bushcat69
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue with Galaxy Watch Active 2 - must be an issue with the api integration 

0 Likes
HedgieHog
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here. Just bought my Galaxy Watch 5 Pro and the daily steps are sent to Fit as a single number time-stamped as 2359… this leaves Fit thinking I've performed no steps during the day, and the following day divides yesterday's steps by 24 hours evening l evenly. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

0 Likes
HedgieHog
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Further to my comment above, today I've confirmed the problem (for me) is time related.

Until 1pm (GMT+1) the steps data is recorded correctly in Google Fit… hour by hour: absolutely fine.

The very moment the time hits 13:00 (GMT+1) the hourly steps data from earlier in the day is erased and, instead, collated into a single value stamped 2359. 

This result of this bug is that Fit's steps value becomes zero until 2300. The following day, the steps data for this particular day is divided equally across 24 hours.

In my opinion, Samsung's problem is a bug related to time of day.

Although it appears that no-one at Samsung is paying any attention to this problem anyway.

Demode
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

After the last Samsung Health Update mine also dumps the steps data at the end of the day.

0 Likes
Heliada
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue, hope it gets fixed with the next update. 

0 Likes
tacoaddiction
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same here!
0 Likes
sauersa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same here and is becoming increasingly annoying. About to go back to Fitbit if Samsung with their millions cannot fix it. Smh