Original topic:

Samsung Health and Pixel 6 Intermittent Sync

(Topic created: 11-15-2021 08:03 PM)
userqbdjQZ0fwT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had a Galaxy Watch3 for a few months and it worked great with my previous Pixel 3a on Android 12. Samsung Health sync'd instantly and no issues with connection. I recently upgraded to a Pixel 6, and now syncing with Samsung Health is patchy. At first I didn't notice an issue, but now manual sometimes results in "Can't sync with Galaxy Watch3", typically for hours at a time, then it later starts syncing again with no obvious change to setup. No other connection issues between phone and watch (the watch is definitely connected via bluetooth and otherwise communicates normally). No change in use or settings versus my previous phone. I tried rebooting etc. Double checked and turned on all permissions for Samsung Health. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on the phone. The first time I sync, the phone picks up my latest steps/workouts/etc, but after that it syncs very intermittently.

Any ideas? I suspect it is an issue with the Pixel 6 + Android 12 not talking to the Samsung Health app correctly but curious if it is a known issue.

5 Replies
iandyholland
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Experiencing exactly the same issue with Pixel 6, Android 12 and my Galaxy Watch Active 2. First sync after restarting both devices, resetting etc is fine, but after that I simply see "Couldn't complete sync with Galaxy Watch Active2".

userQsUptPO00a
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Am going to give this a probably by now... I note the Pixel 6 has a plethora of Bluetooth synching/connecting issues.  I'm experiencing the same issues...kind of makes me wish I had gone with the S21 vs the Pixel.

userqbdjQZ0fwT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Minor progress - some combination of clearing the app cache and doing a force stop of Samsung Health (both via Android settings) usually gets all data (steps, activities, HR, etc.) syncing again. But like other solutions, it only works for ~24 hours at a time. No obvious fixes yet from either Google or Samsung.

0 Likes
Arslin
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have this same problem, but on an S21 Ultra. This seems like it could be related to Android 12? This never happened when my S21 was on Android 11.

0 Likes
userr5nG4vsExv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having the same problem with my Pixel 6 Pro and Galaxy Watch 2. Synced after a reboot yesterday, but nothing today, even with all the permissions turned on.

0 Likes