cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JTMoney99
Constellation

Samsung Health draining battery on Galaxy Watch

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Watch (46mm) LTE. The first three weeks of having it, battery life was amazing! I would likely get four days with heart rate monitor, location, Bluetooth and LTE (if necessary) always on. 

Over the past weekend, an update was dispersed for the watch and the Samsung Health app. Now, I likely would get less than 24 hours. I reviewed the battery life from my phone and it showed Samsung Health had used 57% of battery life (at the time 53% was remaining and Spotify having used 14% without using the app). 

Can I use the watch without using the Health app (still wanting to track steps and heart rate)? And how do I shut down the Spotify so that it is never in use unless I want to use it?

5 REPLIES 5
userg7VppYkXkg
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Health draining battery on Galaxy Watch

I am having this same issue. I've had this watch (4GLTE Verizon, 42mm) for 3 days. I just went for an hour walk. Battery drained by 34%! I had bluetooth earbuds enabled, 4G enabled, and samsung  health. That's it. Samsung health used 41% of my battery in one hour. This is terrible. When I'm not going for a walk, I use my bluetooth/wifi and turn the network off to save power. So far, I haven't gotten more than 18 hours of use before I need to recharge it. I like to wear my watch to bed for the sleep functions. I think it's ridiculous that they couldn't have made this battery more efficient. I have 2 weeks to return this to verizon for a hefty $50 restocking fee. Another ludicrous expense. I love this while exercising, because carrying a phone with me was a pain, but  not sure it was worth the $400. I'm a longtime Samsung user, but I am appalled by the reviews of Samsung's customer service. Seems I've been lucky with my purchases in that I haven't had to use customer service yet. However, I may have to if this battery issue isn't resolved soon. I've followed a ton of tips on getting the smallest pixeled watch face. turning off anythnig that I don't use on a regular basis. I feel that it isn't too much to ask in a product, that I be able to have 4G, wifi and/or bluetooth running with samsung health and not run down the battery in 18 hours or less.

usermtgOyBA12s
Constellation

Exact same problem here. I just got the 46mm LTE (T-Mobile) version and Samsung Health is draining the battery. I don't really want to charge the watch every day!     Samsung--pls help. thx u! 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Here are some steps to help improve your battery life: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003232/

userhdN4DPzhh5
Constellation

This link and steps did nothing to help. Seems like a problem with the last Samsung Health update. Samsung, instead of acting like we are the problem and giving us cookie cutter "trouble shooting" tips, research this and give us a workable update. 

userg7VppYkXkg
Asteroid

samsung health drain

Anyone know if a fix is coming anytime soon for the horrible battery drain while using samsung health? I am highly disappointed in this watch so far. I just went for a walk, lasting appx 50 minutes. The battery was at 87% when I started. I had bluetooth buds enabled(another problem), and LTE network activated. At the end of the walk, the battery was down to 55%. Seriously!!!! Samsung has got a lot of nerve saying this can last more than a day unless you literally turn off everything useful about the watch. So, unless I go for a walk, I guess I have to turn off off the network, samsung health, wifi and all other notifications to get 1 day of use from the watch. What's  even worse is that If I return this in the next week(14 day return policy with verizon) I will have to pay a $50 restocking fee. It already cost me $20 to activate it through them. So basically a $60 rental fee to use the watch for 2 weeks. Samsung needs to address these issues because I could have bought a regular watch that looked nicer for much less than $379. Shame!!!