JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung PLEASE FIX this annoying watch GW4 bug : any movement shuts down the screen

(Topic created: 10-10-2021 01:02 AM)
Emilian
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I cannot use the watch because of this actually.

How to reproduce: disable every form of screen awakening (yep, to conserve the battery while the watch is anyway covered by clothes).

Now send any kind of message to your watch while resting your hand.

Try to read it when it arrives ... ooops ... you can't.

Why ? 

Because as soon as you move your hand, the screen turns off.

Yes, this is the bug and it is **bleep** annoying like **bleep**.

When I receive a message, I need to move my entire body to the watch, without moving my hand, just to watch it, or press the buttons to activate the screen again and see the message. BUT WAIT !!!

The bug keeps going ... 

Just press one side button to light up the screen. Yes, in the settings it is set to stay active for 15 seconds ... but NO. As soon as you barely move your hand, the screen turns off again ... lol ... it's like a game that you always lose 😂

PLEASE SAMSUNG, fix this. It is HUGE for me and I cannot stand it.

If I set my screen to remain lit (active) for 15 or 30 seconds, let it stay lit for that duration. Not turn off if I move my hand by just a bit. Thanks !!!

Well ... thanks for reading and I hope a fix is on the way. For now I must keep my screen always on just to be able to see my messages ... which is plain dumb because it's cold here and my watch is covered by clothes all the time.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I definitely understand how frustrating this is. I have attempted to duplicate the events you are describing but have been unable to do so. I recommend doing a complete factory reset of the watch. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/  If the issue persists, please submit an error report in the Members app.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
12 Replies
sbllbs
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm having this issue too!
steveo57
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Cover it with your palm and it will turn off

0 Likes
sbllbs
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
That's not the problem. The screen won't stay on when I lift the watch to try to look at the message, and sometimes it becomes unresponsive and won't turn on even after I push a button, when I receive a message. It is a really weird bug and it's hard for me to replicate because I don't get a lot of messages but when it happens I really notice. It's like cat and mouse getting the screen to stay on. Then once I get it to come on and I can actually look at the message, it doesn't do it again.
0 Likes
userKgwNWN7RIE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Does it go off it you rotate the watch toward you?  I've found no other way to turn the screen off other than twisting my wrist away from me.

0 Likes
PeninaD
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Me, too
0 Likes
SaphireArkanius
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the same issue, Ive had the gear s3 Frontier for the last 5 or 6 years and have all gestures turned off, never had an issue. Once i got the GW4 46mm i started having that issue with all gestures turned off. Made it impossble to respond to messages. I talked with support and they told me to send it in to get looked at since "they" have not come across this issue yet. Just got an email a week later after I sent it in saying this "AUTO POWER OFF W/BATT/TEST CAB - LOW BATTERY (STBY) was replaced". not sure if this is the issue for that but will see when i get the watch back. If the issue persists I'll just go back to using the S3 till they fix it in an update.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
I was thinking it was just me!!!! It's so annoying!!
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
@SamsungCole We need Samsung to address this bug. It's a plague.
0 Likes
SaphireArkanius
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Just got my watch back and...still same issue. Back to my more Reliable S3 Frontier!!
0 Likes