Two galaxy smart watches on one Phone = reset 1 watch

This is gvVIIu5o.jpeg

26 Replies
userBqNzbKDxA5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

<edit>

1) There is no indication at purchase time that a Samsung watch cannot be used as a watch without first being synced with a phone running the Samsung wearables app.    That overturns several centuries of precedent and is essentially fraudulent.

2) Samsung appears oblivious to the fact that recent watch software updates drastically reduced battery life to the point where watches have become unusable (like mine).

3) Doing a factory reset on a Samsung watch, after having deleted the Samsung wearable app on the phone that the watch was synced with, automatically bricks the watch, and Samsung wants $70 + tax to unbrick it.  (also like mine).

4) A second Samsung watch cannot be used until the first one is reset and loses all of its data and purchased watch faces.  What if Ford tried that?

Probably not a good way to retain customers.

userBqNzbKDxA5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, there has been some progress on this issue. Earlier a Samsung rep on this forum had indicated that using two watches with a single phone was possible if the watches were not of the same type. The Samsung Customer Support operative told me tonight that this information is incorrect and essentially informed me that Samsung didn't care about the user inconvenience that it has caused. She would not even forward my request to a technical support person who knew what they were talking about.

0 Likes
usert0Ie5J3omz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userBqNzbKDxA5 wrote:

Yes, there has been some progress on this issue. Earlier a Samsung rep on this forum had indicated that using two watches with a single phone was possible if the watches were not of the same type. The Samsung Customer Support operative told me tonight that this information is incorrect and essentially informed me that Samsung didn't care about the user inconvenience that it has caused. She would not even forward my request to a technical support person who knew what they were talking about.

You can use two different models of Samsung watches on one phone -- I have a Galaxy Watch Active 2 and a Galaxy Watch, and I can switch from one to the other jsut fine.  

The issue is with Samsung Pay with two watches on one phone.  Samsung Pay, by design, will only be allowed to work on one watch -- if you try to set it up on a second watch, it will say that it will wipe the Samsung Pay data from the first watch.  I called Samsung Pay support, and they informed me that the banks have instituted this restriction for security purposes. 

So unfortunately, while you can have two different Samsung smartwatches linked to one phone, only one of them can have Samsung Pay active.  

user1p7Vq9Ccgg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is probably going to anger you as much as it did me. I had samsung pay connected and activated on my Note 8,

Galaxy s3  frontier, and Galaxy watch all at the same time and it lasted for approximatly 6 months. Until I got the new galaxy watch samsung pay update on the watches. A few years ago.. (after the galaxy watch active gen. 1 was released) At first I thought I was just doing something wrong after the update; but no after I reached out to samsung at they told me it can't be done because of security reasons to protect my banking info that by design i can only have one watch having samsung pay at a time.  I told samsung that that was not true because I hated on both watches at the same time until samsungs resent watch update and they admitted to me that the update was sent for that reason to protect my banking information.  So Samsung does not care that customers purchase and are not able to use this feature on all of the watched. Its not listed on there web site and its not relayed to us  by the cell phone companies prior to them selling us an additional watch. I feel customers should be informed of this prior to their purchase 

In conclusion there is no fix for the customer. Samsung wanted that feature removed and it was. They could easily send an update patch to fix it but they refuse and will not do so. They took it away with an update and they can bring it back with another update but they won't.  My advice is to keep the classier watch and just Change the watch bands. A riber watch strap for workouts at the gym and a nice silver watch strap when its atire dress up day.  If you buy a new samsung watch its best to just get ride of the last model and try to get some money back. 

usergGcM2b9X8j
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is why I wont make the same mistake again and buy another Samsung Watch. I have the S3 and Active.

I just purchased a Garmin Forerunner 945.  Yes the transflective screen isn't as flashy, but that novelty wears off after a while.  Instead, Its much more useful with a 2 week battery life, 36 hours on GPS, instead of 2 hours on the Samsung.  Still get all my notifications, much easier to use with buttons in the pool, much better stats like Oxymeter and Vo2Max and workouts detection that actually work. 

I can use both watches to pay since I'm not confined to Samsung's ONE watch only pay limitation.

userusKubmokWH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Pretty furious right now to learn that I can only have Samsung Pay setup on one watch only.  I purchased the Samsung Watch Active 2 specifically to have two very different looking watches while still taking advantage of the Samsung Pay feature.  To find that enabling Samsung Pay on my new watch takes it off of the other watch is idiotic.  What is the purpose of this?  I'm sure it's in the name of 'security.'  

Meanwhile, if you have to add your cards every time you need to switch watches, this is unusabl as each bank has a different authorization process.  Some of my cards, I have to call the bank to get them to approve it.  So to do this everytime I want to switch watches to pay with the other watch is a non starter.  Will be taking the new watch back to the store.  Pathetic that this is not called out in sales material.  BIG MISS SAMSUNG!!!

user9qpu6awTQS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I can't believe 2021 and this is still an issue. Garmin and wear OS do NOT have this issue. c'mon samsung it's like you don't want us to buy multiple watches