Original topic:

Samsung Support

(Topic created on: 2/19/21 2:12 PM)
oeagleo
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

First, I have to say that I really like my Watch 3. Mostly.  Since I've got it, I've had problems with the heart rate dropping out intermittently, usually if I'm even remotely active, such as walking around in a store.  I've asked in chat on the FB Samsung support forum on numerous times, never really getting an answer, but this last time really how shall we say, "frosts my cookies".  I canot believe the blow off that I'm getting, refering me to the software side of Samsung health for what is obviouosly a hardware problem, I even offered to send a debugging log from the developers mode.  This is a link to the last chat, and I have to honestly say while the Garmin isn't as pretty, I can't make phone calls, and seems less rugged looking, I'm probably going to be forced to go to the Venu for my "smartwatch"  All I can honestly say is I genuinely hope the Galaxy S21 Ultra I've ordered doesn't fall into this same category.

Example of problem.

E152202188_580812862802077_8833516191299404256_n.png152446710_276013530808423_4022454861471025855_n.png

4 Replies
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
Could it be because the watch is sliding up and down your wrist and sensor is making stable contact to monitor heart rate? Not making excuses for Samsung not providing optimal service but looking at the graph, it could be something to explore. Hope you get the answer you need soon.
0 Likes
oeagleo
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't believe that's the cause, I've tried various band tightnesses varying from floppy to almost tornequet, and nothing helps.  It's so intermittent I can't reproduce it, but usually if I walk about a bit, like even at the store, it starts to break up.   So far, the support has been abysmal and I'm of the opinion that the Tech Support people are more concerned with closing the ticket than actually solving the problem.  

A long time ago, I worked Tech Support for a then "major computer manufacturer", and the owner actually stated in one of the meetings that "We don't have to make it work, we only have to make it, we have Tech Support to make it work".. the company is now bankrupt.

Ekamek
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
Unfortunately, true and the bottom line is money not necessarily quality products. Hope a software update from Samsung can fix it.
0 Likes
oeagleo
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

Well, so far, right now, the "solution" is to change the HR from continuous monitoring to "Every 10 minutes while not active".  This has resulted in 4 readings in the last 3 hours.  Not exactly what I had hoped for... *sigh*

0 Likes