cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user2peF2vkhfU
Constellation

Samsung Watch Active 2 innacurate HR and calories burned measurements

Ive got new Samsung Watch Active 2 yesterday and already tested it with cycling and running and iam very dissapointed with quality of its HR and calories burned measurements. 

I have used Wahoo Element Bolt with Wahoo Run strap together against Samsung Watch Active 2.

So, i have runned 9 kms. And on SWA2 ive got maximum HR of 204 and average HR of 180, but on Wahoo Element Bolt ive got maximum HR of 162 and average HR of 148. 

In cycling i went for 24 km ride on my road bike. Average speed on SWA2 was 33,8 km/h and on Wahoo 35,8km/h. On SWA2 ive got maximum HR of 188 and average HR of 151, but on Wahoo Element Bolt ive got maximum HR of 191 and average HR of 170. Calories burned on SWA2 was 445 at the end of the ride and on Element Bolt was 685 which is a huge difference. 

Iam about to send SWA2 back to Samsung where it belongs to. Iam very dissapointed with it. I have million other more smart options how to spend 319 euros i paid for SWA2.

4 REPLIES 4
useruxpoVsuGYv
Constellation

Re: Samsung Watch Active 2 innacurate HR and calories burned measurements

Hi,  I’ve also had my active 2 for a couple of days. I am ok with the heat rate monitor after comparing to my Microsoft band which I’ve tested against a chest band.  However, I’m very disappointed about the low calories to the point where I don’t know whether to send it back.

i have a fitness band to measure my activity and I can’t do this. Does anyone know how Samsung are calculating calories? Can I assume it isn’t taking my personal data from the app to do a more accurate calculation? Should I use an online app to work out calories burnt based on average HR?  I don’t know what to do, any advice would be extremely helpful

userxVRGlin0z5
Asteroid

Im struggling so hard with this.  Why make a fitness aimed device that doesnt accurately track calories burned? I went to a class yesterday  selected other training (because crossfit/HIIT isnt an option  which is suprising?) everyones fitbits and apple  watches had them burning in the 450-500s. Mine barely broke 200. Even if I went about half effort (which judging by my heart rate I didnt) I cant imagine that I didnt burn half of what everyone else did. Im really hoping they can come out with somesort of update on this.....

userTXorKEmiPn
Constellation

I had the same issue.  The device does not calculate calories burned correctly.  I contacted the company and they acknowledged this is an issue.  I find it absolutely unbelievable that they just released a fitness product that doesn't correctly calculate calories.  it's absolutely mind boggling.  It's a shame because this watch is awesome for everything else.  I have had Samsung phones for years.  I was so excited to try this watch.  One would think that if ACTIVE was in the name, it would work as a fitness device.  Unreal.  

ShelleyC_PIT
Asteroid

Same problem here. I'm doing Insanity Max 30 - which is not an easy 30 minutes. I wish there was an option for a HIIT workout, since there isn't I have tried Circuit Training and Other. It said I burned 152 calories. there is no way that could be right. I have my age, height and weight all entered. This makes me want to go back to my Fitbit because I feel like I'm working like crazy with nothing to show for it on the app! Is Samsung going to even look at this issue?? This is so disappointing - and while we're at it whoever mentioned that there's no HIIT option is dead on. There's all these other random moves/workouts, but not an option that millions of people do everyday?? What a miss.