cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userRp9urNIIrM
Asteroid

Samsung Watch does not turn on

Hello everyone, 

Yesterday evening i received a temperature warning from my watch, asking me to turn it off. This morning I tried to turn it on, but I ve got no response. I thought that maybe it needed to be recharged and so I put it in its charger. The LED of the charger stays in red, no blinking,but also nothing in the screen of the watch. I tried again to turn it back on but without success. Once after many trials it showed the rebooting page, and then back dead. Now is charging again but no signs of life, any ideas? 

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Watch does not turn on

Have you attempted to hold down the power button while the watch is on the charger?

userRp9urNIIrM
Asteroid

Yes, and nothing happened. After few hours in the charger, I could see the icon with the high temperature blinking together with the 0% battery level, still no way to power it on though. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hmmm, it sounds like you may need a service repair done on the watch. If you wouldn't mind sending me a private message with your watches full model code and serial number I'd be more than happy to look into what options you would have. 

user3KXVUzm9zL
Asteroid

Did you solve it?

The same is happening to me, but the temperature blinkig sing is actually regarding low temperature.

See the discussion I posted:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Galaxy-Watch-Charging-paused-due-to-too-low-tempera...

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user3KXVUzm9zL Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

useroDdl2n12od
Astronaut

Same!  Happended this morning and all Samsung can say is "send it back and we will have a look at it".

Extremely disappointing.

smithlucy53
Constellation

I think you need to hard reset your device, just follow the steps below:

1. Press and hold the power key until rebooting displays on the screen.
2. Now press the key repeatedly until the select reboot mode displays on the screen.
3. Press the power key to select recovery.
4. Then press and hold the home key to select.
5. Keep holding the power key until the watch begins to reboot.

Download Alexia App
userRp9urNIIrM
Asteroid

Well here I am, sorry for not giving you un update before. I contacted the Samsung service and I had to send them the watch. It came back with the back block replaced (battery, sensors, electronics).

Since then the it is working as before. Lucky me it was still on warranty. In case you are facing the same issue just ask the service center directly.