Original topic:

Samsung active 2 Try again. Touch screen with your palm to turn it off issue.

(Topic created on: 2/3/21 6:10 PM)
usertLDXIMZagT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi 

Yesterday my Galaxy Active 2 watch's touch screen was unresponsive. I reset the device via the wearables app on my phone however it will not let me move past the a screen with the message "Try again. Touch screen with your palm to turn it off". I have tried multiple ways to move past this screen including turning off the watch and phone to no avail. 

4 Replies
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same problem here. Sounds like touch sensors are failing on these watches.
0 Likes
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Do you use your watch while swimming?
0 Likes
userzApTnJuc5H
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same problem, and I do use it while swimming. In fact, it was after the swim that it had problems. I do eject water etc after. 

0 Likes
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I figured out that water was affecting mine during my swims, as letting it dry out for a few days would restore normal touch functions.
I sent it in for water seal replacement, but Samsung insisted the motherboard and touch screen needed to be replaced as well (despite working correctly when dry).
They wanted nearly $250 for the repair, so I just had them return it unrepaired, and decided to put the $250 toward a Garmin Fenix 5x Plus, which was just $70 more, brand new.
The Watch Active 2 still works fine, but I know I can't submerge it any more, so I'm just wearing the Fenix full-time now.
0 Likes