cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userYIHVOnrGR9
Asteroid

Re: Samsung galaxy watch causing pain

Since writing this post I've now returned my watch to Samsung/Vodafone and cancelled my subscription. The pain became unbearable. This was about 3 weeks ago. I had the watch for literally a month (not to mention it was the 2nd one within that month due to battery & other issues) Im pleased to say that since I stopped wearing the watch the pain and all symptoms have gone. Such a disappointment but people need to be made aware that they definitely do cause the pain. It wasn't carple tunnel or rsi or pinched nerves. The watch was to blame. I'm just glad Samsung and Vodafone were happy to help as I was not going to be paying $600 for a watch I could not wear. 

userUV1TiXVKZD
Constellation

The watch CAN'T cause the pain you described.. it's a watch it sits on your arm.. Try a normal watch same weight, my bet is you'd encounter the same issue.. Skin irritation perhaps, but otherwise, no way  it's the watch.

GovernorPapa
Constellation

I received my Galaxy Watch 46mm yesterday (a little over 24 hours). I started having this problem moments ago during dinner. It was hurting so much, I had to leave the dinner table.

Started out as small shooting pain from the wrist, then it quickly started hurting across the whole left forearm. The whole thing happened very quickly. I've never had that type of pain like that until now. I'm convinced it's the watch - especially now that I find what's considered to be multiple reports.

I'd like to know what Samsung is doing about this. Would appreciate it if someone can get back to me ASAP.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@GovernorPapa Thank you for reaching out. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message?

user5C4GqrfNnL
Constellation

I'm glad I found this. I'm having nerve pain through my hand and fingers. I kept loosening the band thinking I had it too tight. Love this watch but dont think I'll be able to continue wearing it. 

user5VvLgUO9ma
Constellation

I do! Same symptoms! My pain started at night, I would wake up middle of the night and couldn't bend my hand due to intense pain in my wrist. Then I started to feel the pain during the day too, it was so intense that I couldn't use my arms to stand up from the floor or a low chair. I didn't associated it at first with the watch; I removed the watch to wear a wrist band but noticed few days later that didn't help much so I just stopped wearing it and left my wrist free of any tights. It got better so I started to wear my watch again and here comes the pain again!!! I went to the orthopedic and he diagnosed a possible bone island in my wrist, ordered an MRI to confirm, that might interfere with a ligament or something hence causing the pain. 

I've had my Gear for about two years but only started to use it at night some months ago to monitor my sleep. 

This is so odd and disappointing. I hope the damage is reversible. 

Samsung_cwoNrs5
Astronaut

I have the same issue. I rarely wear mine

I have the same issue. I rarely wear mine

Black Hole

For couple of months I was using the band that came with...

For couple of months I was using the band that came with my watch. But because of some rash, I bought a nylon band with velcro on Amazon. I don't recall the pain that users here are describing, but maybe nylon band saved me from future pain

bluefire
Halo

Do you have the heart rate sensor as "always"? Have you t...

Do you have the heart rate sensor as "always"?

Have you tried the phone with heart rate off?

Just trying to see if its the weight or heart rate sensor

roxio
Constellation

Re: Do you have the heart rate sensor as "always"? Have you t...

In your opinion, heart rate sensor set as "always" could cause pain?