cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usercNucNL4AUm
Constellation

Samsung galaxy watch overheating and dying quickly with new software update.

With the latest software update my Samsung Galaxy Watch doesn't charge all the way, is very hot when I take it off the charger, and it dies in less than an hour (max charge overnight is to about 30%). Last week everything was perfect. The update was installed on 12/13/20 at 1:17 am. I have done a complete reboot of the watch and have done a full reset as well with no luck. Below is all of the software version for my watch along with my watch information.  Can someone help me to figure out what is happening?

One UI Version: 1.5

Citizen Version: 4.0.0.7

Software Version: R800XXU1DSL1

Model Number: SM-R800

Serial Number: Removed off page

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung galaxy watch overheating and dying quickly with new software update.

Thank you so much for reaching out! 

This forum is for the support of US products and customers.

As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. 

You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Thanks! *Zell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usercNucNL4AUm
Constellation

Re: Samsung galaxy watch overheating and dying quickly with new software update.

Thank you Zell for getting back to me. I bought this from Costco in San Diego, CA. I'm not sure why it's showing up as a non-US model.  Where is it showing from?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You are very welcome, I'm happy to assist. The device is from Canada and your device is a Canadian model with a full model code of SM-R800NZSCXAR. 

Please seek a support team for your area. 

You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user1NZWQizYmD
Astronaut

Hi Samzung Zell!

I am having the same overheating issues...could you walk me through a solution. It is SM-R805U..i can PM you the SN# and IMEI#!

Please help!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Due to the differences in hardware and software, you will need to speak with support in Canada. You can find their community page here: https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Canada/ct-p/ca