cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKhQXF7goIa
Constellation

Samsung pay on my Galaxy Active Watch

I have a 7 edge phone and just bought a Galaxy Active Watch.  I had difficulty setting up Samsung Pay because I am in the US and it turns out my phone is an International Variant.  A Samsung rep incredibly managed to correctly install Pay on my Watch but she was unable to install it on my phone because its not compatible.  I can't use any other form of payment on my watch that I know of. I've been reading on the forums that I can flash my phone and download firmware for North America and that should enable me to download the Samsung Pay app.  Is this true?  If so, how do I do that. I'm not a geek but reasonably tech savvy for an old broad. 

I love Samsubg and refuse to buy Apple but I really want a payment option on my watch.  Any suggestions very gratefully received.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Samsung pay on my Galaxy Active Watch

Do you need Samsung Pay on your phone to use it on the watch? Or is it the Samsung Pay "watch plug-in" that the phone can't support?

I have a non-Samsung (Android 6) phone and could activate and use Samsung Pay on my GW. I can see that the activation installed the plug-in on the phone but I don't have Samsung Pay on the phone (and I don't need it).

Highlighted
userKhQXF7goIa
Constellation

Re: Samsung pay on my Galaxy Active Watch

I have Samsung Pay properly installed on my watch but it is unusable unless it is also installed on my phone.  Samsung Pay is geographically restricted for my phone because it is only usable in North America and my phone is an internatioal variant.