Original topic:

Samsung watch 3 Home button not working.

(Topic created on: 11/5/20 12:45 PM)
Khyber442
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Home key" (lower button) is not responding and I cannot get past the intro screen after I preformed restart.  I cannot even preform a shutdown or hold both buttons for a hard reset. 

(I took a simple shower with it and now my watch is stuck and basically its useless at the moment.)

Mahalo for any help. 

P.s I never took this watch into a pool, saltwater, just this once to shower as I was in a rush. 

16046002736886519646385468372258.jpg

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,

Try giving this troubleshooting link here a shot giving additional information on buttons on your smartwatch not responding: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003250/

If you are still experiencing the same symptoms after trying the link above, I would recommend a service repair on the watch.

Please send a private message providing the full model code and the serial number of the watch so I can further assist. http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

Khyber442
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I tried everything and still I cannot get past the welcome screen as kt requires me to "press the home button"

it clicks and all that. just no response. i fear the worst-case now.
0 Likes
userblV9NxudSa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had the same issue with my watch. I placed in rice and it started working again but water had gotten into the device through a hairline crack in the heart rate sensor. the crack had been caused by overheating while charging. samsung won't cover water ingress under warranty even though the watch is faulty. I got quoted $350 for a repair yesterday. I hope your experience isn't as terrible as mine
0 Likes
Khyber442
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
woah...for that price on repair i may as well go with a garmin.

I love samsung but this one watch :watch: Mahalo for your input on possible outcomes.
0 Likes