JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung watch not receiving text notifications

(Topic created: 03-21-2019 04:35 PM)
Mjobe123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just bought the new 42mm Samsung Watch and paired it with my Galaxy Note 8.  I was receiving all of my notifications (email, text, calls etc) but now all of the sudden I'm no longer receiving text notifications on the watch anymore. I've deleted the Samsung app and reinstalled. I've reset my watch which helped for the first few text alerts but now it isnt working again and I haven't changed anything. Please help!

95 Replies
usercSKKM6WzBA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Well i have a note 9 and 46 watch and i am getting  no notifications .. so  i did the restore also and still no notifications...  they should  rebrand it as the not so smart watch 

0 Likes
userF32yItAvFg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I saw someone post this but I was having the same issue.

I fixed this by:

(on my phone) Opening Messages > Clicking 3 dots > Settings 

Under Categories click 'New Messages' (the text don't toggle) > then where it was 'Importance' change it so High: Sound or Urgent: Sound and pop up on screen.

This worked for me immediately. I was getting notifications from everything except Messages.

user6DxySzVTJX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having the same problem, I can get calls but no other notifications, and the device seems pointless without that feature. Nothing on this thread has helped...DEFINITELY shouldn't be marked as solved. Any fix to the bug?? I bought it a week ago without knowing about this. 

0 Likes
usercCjHRjVhFJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine only happens with messages, not all notifications. Started happening again today, I suspect the message cache is filling up and causing the prpblem but unfortunately there's no way to clear it

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
userVn8Rtrgxrv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

link doesnt work

0 Likes
userKCKhCcJb2i
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I stopped receiving texts yesterday.  I just switched back to the stock message app from Message+ and now I'm getting texts again.  

0 Likes
userKCKhCcJb2i
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

UPDATE: .Stopped getting texts again.  Wasn't the message app at all.  You have to have the watch positioned just right on your arm.  Also probably doesn't help of you have a lot of arm hair.

0 Likes
usersn8mlA2pTk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, I am reading through this thread and I have the exact same issue obviously. Even more so with you as I too thought it was my message+ app that was the culprit? So are you saying you only get notifications if your wearing the watch just right? Just like you have to do for the HR monitor and sleep to work? ridiculous. Im assuming the watch thinks it is not being worn and wont show? pretty sure ill try and uncheck that option in my settings. Jeez this is so annoying. if you find a solution please let me know and ill do the same!

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

@usersn8mlA2pTk Will you please send a PM with the following information? http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F

Watch Information:

Model #:  

LTE or Bluetooth: 

Software Version:

Galaxy Wearable: 

Gear S Plugin: 

Phone Information:  

Model:

Software: 

Phone's baseband: 

Service Provider:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes