JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung watch not receiving text notifications

(Topic created: 03-25-2019 02:21 PM)
Mjobe123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just bought the new 42mm Samsung Watch and paired it with my Galaxy Note 8.  I was receiving all of my notifications (email, text, calls etc) but now all of the sudden I'm no longer receiving text notifications on the watch anymore. I've deleted the Samsung app and reinstalled. I've reset my watch which helped for the first few text alerts but now it isnt working again and I haven't changed anything. Please help!

95 Replies
usersn8mlA2pTk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

userKCKhCcJb2i, I think you are on to something! After weeks of searching forums, returning watches, and setting up support tickets I think your comment just fixed this issue. Though, I will help you elaborate on what your saying for other readers. In the notifications section of the wearable app, you will see the option "show only while wearing watch" which I have had checked by default and have never changed. Though as many users are aware with these watches, the sensors are VERY sensitive on how or where the watch is located on your wrist. You will notice most of the time you do your HR monitor it will tell you to please move watch if its not in accurate position and same as sleep monitor. Though your comment stating you have to have your watch on right I think is correct also relating to notifications with the setting i previously stated. So im assuming the reason my watch will randomly miss a few messages or emails is because my watch is under the impression i am not wearing it. Since I saw your message, I have since unchecked the "show only while wearing watch" option under notifications in wearable app and BOOM, i have yet to get a notification that is not instant. FINALLY!!!! BTW Samsung really needs to fix the sensors on these watches, or straight pull the "health tracking" from their marketing because it is seriously a joke. Though I am happy camper now that I may have figured this out thanks to you.

PEOPLE UNCHECK "show only while wearing watch" under notifications in wearable app if you are randomly not getting your notifications, or are getting them delayed. 

Thanks I hope this helps others and saves them time!

userABnwOFM7zc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Gear Fit 2 is also having the same problem, I bought it new from ebay is Samsung refunding or exchanging these watches that don't work?

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps presented in this thread?

0 Likes
usery7pLKgowC9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had the same issue with not getting notifications from text or email while the watch was disconnected from the phone.   The solution for me came from a Austrailian post  which worked immediately.  The above solution of UNCHECK "show only while wearing watch" did nothing.  My watch does not have an issue of determining if I am wearing it.   So below is said solution.

SOLUTION: Ensure that Remote Connection is switched on. This is found in the Galaxy Wearable app under Account and Backup > Remote Connections.

Additionally, which I am kinda bummed about you do need your phone turned on.   So the watch cannot truly function as a standalone device.

userHddrmUOklB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

HERE is the SOLUTION

MARK THIS SOLVED!

0 Likes
usergBv0dcdt5A
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I managed to get it to work for me by doing the following on Galaxy Wearable app on the phone:

Open up Notifications:

- Turned OFF Show only while wearing watch

- Turned ON show while using phone

- * Click on Manage Notifications and select MESSAGES as an option

(* this was turned off even though many others such as facebook, hangouts, and other apps I DONT use were turned on). I suspect this was the main culprit, but I'm still putting down all the steps that I did incase it's a combination issue.

Open up Accounts and backups

- Turned ON remote connection

In phone setting, went to Apps, selected Galaxy Wearable and made sure all permissions are set / connected.

I really hope this helps someone else out there.

userLkAAnxjJq3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

You won't get notifications if your screen on your phone is unlocked and you are using it they only come through if the phone is locked and screen is off

0 Likes
userg8JYIkOQZi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same problem after a few days of use. And tried everything. I actually packed it back in the box with the receipt and was ready to take it back to the store, until I checked my phone settings and noticed my notifications button was off. No idea how that happened but somehow that affects the watch. So not only do you need your notifications on on the watch but also the phone. Worked like a charm

0 Likes
nfomastr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So this was happening on both my Gear Fit2 Pro AND my older Gear Fit2. It also happened with the Textra messaging app AND the stock Samsung messaging app. I tried every single solution given in this thread and nothing worked. (Note8)

Today, I ordered a FitBit because I HAVE to have a watch that gives me my text notifications. My grandmother had a stroke last week and I was late seeing updates my mom was sending via texts because I couldn't feel my phone vibrate or ring a few times.

I decided to play around with it one more time and now this thing works. I literally JUST did this, so I don't know if it will last forever, but maybe someone else still stuggling might have success with it too (doggone shame Samsung can't fix it).

-Go to Apps and unistall Gear Fit Plugin.

-Once it uninstalled, it automatically asked if I wanted to uninstall the Samsung Accessory Sevice...I selected yes.

-I left the Galaxy Wearable app installed and opened it.

-When I selected to connect to my Gear Fit2 Pro, it said it would have to do a factory reset on the watch.

-After the factory reset and the reconnection to my phone, I chose NOT to restore my backed up info to the Gear Fit2 Pro, I went into the notification settings and chose show while wearing and show while on phone. I also went into connections and chose remote connection.

-I received a notification for the next two SMS I received, so it's working now, but who knows for how long. (I just received another notification from a text as I was typing this, so that's 3).

For me, I guess there was either a glitch in the Gear Fit Plugin app OR the Samsung Accessory Service app. I will say this, before I did the above steps, I went into the Gear Fit Plugin settings and when I would deselect notifications from SMS, my Gear Fit2 Pro would disconnect from my phone then reconnect on its own. I did that 4 times and it disconnected then reconnected each time.

Good luck to all!

0 Likes
userViAnitPEeS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey guys,

I was trying to get it work as well, tried all sollutions I've found in the internet, it didn't work.
However, I managed to solve the problem - somehow watch receive notification only if phone on vibration mode (didn't test on sound mode though, but it clearly doesn't work with silent mode set up on phone). I've switched it in different modes to ensure it's really root cause - and it really is.
Not sure if it's a bug or feature though. If it's a feature, then pretty unobvious one.
Hope I've helped someone with this one.