JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung watch not receiving text notifications

(Topic created: 11-09-2018 06:27 AM)
Mjobe123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just bought the new 42mm Samsung Watch and paired it with my Galaxy Note 8.  I was receiving all of my notifications (email, text, calls etc) but now all of the sudden I'm no longer receiving text notifications on the watch anymore. I've deleted the Samsung app and reinstalled. I've reset my watch which helped for the first few text alerts but now it isnt working again and I haven't changed anything. Please help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Jim1590
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had to do this for my Galaxy Watch 46mm and Note9 which suddenly stopped the notifications:

Uninstall Galaxy Wear app from phone

Turn phone off

Reset watch

Turn phone on

Follow prompts to reinstall the Wear app

Do NOT restore saved settings to the watch

Power cycle both devices.

Mine has been working fine for weeks. Just make sure they are actually connected before blaming no notifs on the device.

View solution in context

95 Replies
Solution
Jim1590
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had to do this for my Galaxy Watch 46mm and Note9 which suddenly stopped the notifications:

Uninstall Galaxy Wear app from phone

Turn phone off

Reset watch

Turn phone on

Follow prompts to reinstall the Wear app

Do NOT restore saved settings to the watch

Power cycle both devices.

Mine has been working fine for weeks. Just make sure they are actually connected before blaming no notifs on the device.

userMhfwhA00Nh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I did a reset but I'm still not getting text message notifications.

userxSDp8PBPCx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Not a Solution for me.. Didnt have any of this with all my other Samsung Watches.. 4 weeks of being a PITA..  

I know the devices.. i know the software,,, clearly this is a bug at Samsungs end

i am blaming no notifs on the device and/or my s8+ ... monday morning i will need to see what can be done or return it because as is.. its just a watch.....  for an extra £20 a month on my Mobile Contract..

This shouldnt be Marked as Solved.... Samhe on you Samusng,,, you know its not

Kilaalii
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine just started doing this as well a d I just got the watch last week and it was working perfectly prior. I thought I did something but nope. I too did a reset and still have the issue. 

useraVTrWQUndI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had this same problem. I noticed that the phone had to be a certain distance away from the watch for notifications to trigger notifications. That might help. 

0 Likes
StinaStaffymum
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

My phone is in my hand and the watch is on my wrist about 10cm apart so definitely within range. Besides you are notified on the watch when it drops out of range. It was working fine a couple of hours ago. Now nothing.

0 Likes
GlenF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Samsung are missing the point.. or avoiding it all together.

Phone is on - Watch can send and receive txt "on the watch". You can also send them from the watch . As you would expect seeing as it has its own sim ( ee sim )
Phone is Off - eg battery died etc . Watch can not send or receive any text messages. Calls work fine. This would suggest the Mobile phone service provider is routing the calls correctly.

Don’t tell me its a setting its all set right .. Don’t tell me that’s how a 4G watch works because its not.

I have an iPhone XS Max and a series 4 apple watch. I can turn my iPhone off and my Watch works 100% sending and receiving text messages and making and receiving calls . No limitations .

I wouldn’t touch a Samsung product every again ...

Jazza72
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi mate, did you find a fix for this? My wife and i just purchased samsung galaxy watch3 and we cannot send or receive mms via cellular (if phone is off or not in Bluetooth range) if have S20 phone she has S9

0 Likes
userEIy9JsHaI4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userxSDp8PBPCx wrote:

Not a Solution for me.. Didnt have any of this with all my other Samsung Watches.. 4 weeks of being a PITA..  

I know the devices.. i know the software,,, clearly this is a bug at Samsungs end

i am blaming no notifs on the device and/or my s8+ ... monday morning i will need to see what can be done or return it because as is.. its just a watch.....  for an extra £20 a month on my Mobile Contract..

This shouldnt be Marked as Solved.... Samhe on you Samusng,,, you know its not

0 Likes