JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung watch not receiving text notifications

(Topic created: 11-09-2018 06:27 AM)
Mjobe123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just bought the new 42mm Samsung Watch and paired it with my Galaxy Note 8.  I was receiving all of my notifications (email, text, calls etc) but now all of the sudden I'm no longer receiving text notifications on the watch anymore. I've deleted the Samsung app and reinstalled. I've reset my watch which helped for the first few text alerts but now it isnt working again and I haven't changed anything. Please help!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
95 Replies
userVn8Rtrgxrv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having the exact same problem and have already uninstalled app and did a factory reset 😞 Still not reveicing vibrating notifications 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userVn8Rtrgxrv Give this links a try: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003096/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userVn8Rtrgxrv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you. I did pull up link. Nothing physically wrong or damaged. I did a fa toey reset this am as well as uninstall and reinstall all. That worked for about an hour then reverted back to no vibrations on notifications . I bought the watch and of December, delivered January 7 2019. What to do ? 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userVn8Rtrgxrv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

where do i find that please ?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

On your watch: Go to settings>about watch> device> your model number and serial number will be there

0 Likes
userVn8Rtrgxrv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Purchased in the U.S. , Bestbuy

0 Likes
userVn8Rtrgxrv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

SENT

0 Likes
usersn8mlA2pTk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi there, the fix for me last week was going into wearable app and unchecking "show only while wearing device"  and also checking "show notifications while on phone", the problem with these watches are the horrible sensors used. Samsung clearly did not test these watches prior to pushing these into production. 

I hope this helps you as it did me. I'm on my third one after returning my first two because of this before I realized this was the culprit. 

Have a good day

userKBEO8b7B0J
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Samsung tech support told me that since I have an LG phone I won't be able to receive text messages. Sadly, I'm returning the watch today.
I feel it would be responsible & ethical of Samsung to be more forthcoming about this instead of allowing consumers to purchase the watch and an additional phone line if it's not compatible.
0 Likes