cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung watch not receiving text notifications

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found if you go into the messages settings/chat settings/default messaging type and select text/multimedia it seems to work for now.   

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This doesn't work?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userctVycXKzWE What steps have you taken?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I did everything this post said. More than once.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userctVycXKzWE I would like for you to try performing a factory reset on your watch using these steps here. Then let me know how that works out for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

One thing that I had overlooked amonst all of the settings was the "Notifications->Notification advanced settings->Notification access" area of my Droid (OnePlus2) settings whereby you can allow apps to access to your notifications. Make sure "Galaxy Wearable" is enabled there. Somehow I think this got altered during my Galaxy watch software/firmware update. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this same problem and could not figure it out for weeks. I just realized that my do not disturb function was turned on for some reason (duhh).  So if you have tried literally everything, maybe check that??  Wish I could be of more help.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have not been able to receive notifications on my Galaxy watch for a couple of weeks now. Your solution worked like a charm. Thank you...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have followed these steps and it did fix my problem for about 3 hours. By the end of the day I was once again not receiving text notifications but everything else was working. I'm getting close to returning my watch. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I found this thread trying to figure out why I would  get messages for everything other than text messages from my iPhone X. I read a lot of the comments and if someone posted this and I missed it, sorry in advanace, but it seems you need to go to the Notifications on your iPhone and turn Show Previews to Always. That was all it took. I read one post that said only worked in vibrate mode but mine is working now in any mode. Hope this helps! It only took me 2 hours to figure this out and I was 5 minutes from sending this watch back. Now, to see if I enjoy really enjoy this smartwatch over my Apple  Watch.