Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung watch not receiving text notifications

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh my God!!You are a Genius!!

I have that problem since 3months and even a Samsung officers couldn't solve the problem they said I need to wait for the new update..But after it came and I upgraded was the same issue no notification..And actually I wanted to sell my watch as it is useless without notifications just a normal watch that you have to charge every day..BUT here you are and after several weeks research now here is the solution!!I did that you wrote and it works!!Im so happy now thank you!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay this worked!!!!! Which is amazing after all the research I've done. One problem though.... now my phone shows previews of messages which I don't like AND I know for a fact my phone didn't have to be set this way for it to work on my watch.... so wonder what happened there 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nevermind, selecting "preview only when unlocked" fixed everything! Thanks!

@userRd4qVAhzWS wrote:

Okay this worked!!!!! Which is amazing after all the research I've done. One problem though.... now my phone shows previews of messages which I don't like AND I know for a fact my phone didn't have to be set this way for it to work on my watch.... so wonder what happened there 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having this problem. I called Samsung tech support the day after I got watch and they told me they couldn't help and I would have to go to T-Mobile store. T-Mobile store tried to fix and ultimately told me the watch was not compatible with LG phone and I would have limited use of watch which didn't make a lot of sense to me since they are both android. I deleted the software completely from phone reinstalled power cycled watch and it has been fine since then. Seems like an obvious thing to do in hind sight.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue and did the recommended fix.  Reinstalling app on phone.  This worked.  A few days later, and no texts again.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So did you return the watch? Or what did you do solve the problem?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had galaxy watch for a week and I hate it . It doesn't receive notification when they come through number sync turns on and off it says I'm inactive when I'm not it doesn't count my steps it loses hr repeatedly during work outs  I'm going back to my s3 frontier this watch is terrible 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm returning it today 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Doing a factory reset once a week to resolve this issue is not a solution. I have the 46mm BT and Galaxy note 9. This should just work without an issue. What is it about messages that the notifications stop coming through for no apparent reason?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usercCjHRjVhFJ Thanks reaching out. Can you send me a private message using this link here? Please provide the following information.

• Full Name
  • Email Address
  • Street Address
  • Phone Number
  • Place of Purchase
  • Full Model Code
  • IMEI Number