Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung watch not receiving text notifications

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

where do i find that please ?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On your watch: Go to settings>about watch> device> your model number and serial number will be there

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Purchased in the U.S. , Bestbuy

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SENT

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there, the fix for me last week was going into wearable app and unchecking "show only while wearing device"  and also checking "show notifications while on phone", the problem with these watches are the horrible sensors used. Samsung clearly did not test these watches prior to pushing these into production. 

I hope this helps you as it did me. I'm on my third one after returning my first two because of this before I realized this was the culprit. 

Have a good day

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Samsung tech support told me that since I have an LG phone I won't be able to receive text messages. Sadly, I'm returning the watch today.
I feel it would be responsible & ethical of Samsung to be more forthcoming about this instead of allowing consumers to purchase the watch and an additional phone line if it's not compatible.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well i have a note 9 and 46 watch and i am getting  no notifications .. so  i did the restore also and still no notifications...  they should  rebrand it as the not so smart watch 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I saw someone post this but I was having the same issue.

I fixed this by:

(on my phone) Opening Messages > Clicking 3 dots > Settings 

Under Categories click 'New Messages' (the text don't toggle) > then where it was 'Importance' change it so High: Sound or Urgent: Sound and pop up on screen.

This worked for me immediately. I was getting notifications from everything except Messages.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem, I can get calls but no other notifications, and the device seems pointless without that feature. Nothing on this thread has helped...DEFINITELY shouldn't be marked as solved. Any fix to the bug?? I bought it a week ago without knowing about this.