cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung watch not receiving text notifications

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine only happens with messages, not all notifications. Started happening again today, I suspect the message cache is filling up and causing the prpblem but unfortunately there's no way to clear it

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

link doesnt work

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I stopped receiving texts yesterday.  I just switched back to the stock message app from Message+ and now I'm getting texts again.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPDATE: .Stopped getting texts again.  Wasn't the message app at all.  You have to have the watch positioned just right on your arm.  Also probably doesn't help of you have a lot of arm hair.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I am reading through this thread and I have the exact same issue obviously. Even more so with you as I too thought it was my message+ app that was the culprit? So are you saying you only get notifications if your wearing the watch just right? Just like you have to do for the HR monitor and sleep to work? ridiculous. Im assuming the watch thinks it is not being worn and wont show? pretty sure ill try and uncheck that option in my settings. Jeez this is so annoying. if you find a solution please let me know and ill do the same!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usersn8mlA2pTk Will you please send a PM with the following information? http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F

Watch Information:

Model #:  

LTE or Bluetooth: 

Software Version:

Galaxy Wearable: 

Gear S Plugin: 

Phone Information:  

Model:

Software: 

Phone's baseband: 

Service Provider:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userKCKhCcJb2i, I think you are on to something! After weeks of searching forums, returning watches, and setting up support tickets I think your comment just fixed this issue. Though, I will help you elaborate on what your saying for other readers. In the notifications section of the wearable app, you will see the option "show only while wearing watch" which I have had checked by default and have never changed. Though as many users are aware with these watches, the sensors are VERY sensitive on how or where the watch is located on your wrist. You will notice most of the time you do your HR monitor it will tell you to please move watch if its not in accurate position and same as sleep monitor. Though your comment stating you have to have your watch on right I think is correct also relating to notifications with the setting i previously stated. So im assuming the reason my watch will randomly miss a few messages or emails is because my watch is under the impression i am not wearing it. Since I saw your message, I have since unchecked the "show only while wearing watch" option under notifications in wearable app and BOOM, i have yet to get a notification that is not instant. FINALLY!!!! BTW Samsung really needs to fix the sensors on these watches, or straight pull the "health tracking" from their marketing because it is seriously a joke. Though I am happy camper now that I may have figured this out thanks to you.

PEOPLE UNCHECK "show only while wearing watch" under notifications in wearable app if you are randomly not getting your notifications, or are getting them delayed. 

Thanks I hope this helps others and saves them time!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Gear Fit 2 is also having the same problem, I bought it new from ebay is Samsung refunding or exchanging these watches that don't work?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps presented in this thread?