Original topic:

Second hand dissapeared on always on display

(Topic created on: 11/23/20 3:49 PM)
packy2003
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I use my Active2 as a nurse and have always had a second hand on my AoD. I use it to count heart rate and breathing in my patients. I noticed this week that the seconds hand was removed after an update. Is there any way to get it back? Losing that feature makes this $300 watch practically useless to me.

9 Replies
packy2003
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I tried several different ones and each time the always on display activated, the second hand disappeared. Even on the digital ones the seconds disappeared.
simpsonite
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
they got rid of it with the most recent update. The patch just says UX update... I hate it. Wasn't impacting battery life and causes a flicker each time the watch wakes up.
packy2003
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's awful
userifRqcJeexX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am so happy I found this discussion before updating my Samsung Watch Active 2. I was suspicious what they meant with 'second hand will not be shown', and this confirms my fear.

Conclusion: I will not be updating my watch until they bring back the possibility of seconds updating in AOD. Without that feature, the value of the watch is zero.

I hope a lot of customers complain to Samsung about this.

userbhu2AvRgDd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Very very dissapointed. Updated without thinking. 

As a doctor it was a "must have feature. Now can't waer this to work and basically it's a piece of junk to me.

Hope they restore it in future update.

Samsung_3I1luiD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Solution we found: increase the screen timout to 1 minute (or 5 if you want) , then you have to press the top button and the watch will stay on with seconds for 1 minute. This will at least help with taking vitals. 

userdZnt6o65km
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I also look forward to colleague! I am very disappointed with the withdrawal of this basic and essential resource for our activity :\

0 Likes
Samsung_3I1luiD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Solution we found: increase the screen timout to 1 minute (or 5 if you want) , then you have to press the top button and the watch will stay on with seconds for 1 minute. This will at least help with taking vitals. 

Options
Galaxy Watch

Another work-around (not needing a button press) would be to use a Watchmaker face and in Watchmaker on the watch change the timeout after a "wrist wakeup" to 60 seconds (15, 30, 45 or 60). Then it always stays active the set time after a wake up gesture.

(A difference to the standard behaviour is that a "reversed gesture" does not switch to AOD. It stays ON the set time, so I don't know what the impact on battery life would be.)

0 Likes