JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 09-27-2019 09:18 PM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can I please have your full model number, serial number/IMEI, and pictures of the symptom you experiencing in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userkltG9VcRI7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just took my watch of my wrist and the sensor on the back of my watch completely feel off. I've only had it since March of this year! I had the Samsung gear S2 for almost 3 years and never once had an issue. It's sensor was completely enclosed and I sorta thought the newer version would be built even better. What does Samsung do to fix this? The range of my Galaxy watch is also horrible compared to my old gear S2. 

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • Serial number
userbq1qSnEePR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine also keeps falling off. I have had it since Christmas 2018 . I have never gotten it wet eithe . It looks brand new still. I'm so disappointed as I really love the watch. How can this be fixed? I don't want to send it in for repair because obviously these watches are defective and I'm not paying a small fortune to have samsung fix it.

0 Likes
usercwMJPzIEm8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My sensor cover fell off yesterday. What should I do?15737345668802784621567367577379.jpg

0 Likes
JMajor702
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is the crappiest item I have ever had the displeasure of owning.  The Samsung won't fix it initially.  They will claim it's water damage and not thier spotty workmanship.  Hundreds of similar issues have been posted online.  It's actually pretty sad.  I own the watch, the buds and have a Note 10.  Might be time to become and Apple guy. 

@usercwMJPzIEm8 wrote:

My sensor cover fell off yesterday. What should I do?15737345668802784621567367577379.jpg

@usercwMJPzIEm8 wrote:

0 Likes
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had the same issue happen to me 2 weeks after the warranty expired.  It was evident it started to come unglued way before  

I requested warranty but it was denied. I checked the different boards and found hundreds of people with same issue. 

Very dissapointed and will never buy another watch from Samsung. Apple does a better job. 

Watch was nice and worked well except for poor battery life. 

0 Likes
userrjPeQYIJVA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I haven't even had mine 10 weeks and the cover  fell off!!!! What the heck? Paid good money for what appears to be poor quality and a company that is not standing behind their product.

0 Likes
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey, thanks for reaching out! Could you provide me with the full model code and serial number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user75dkvbA4gY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine also fell off and can't even find the cover.  I would require a replacement. Kindly assist