cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayWhipOnRye
Constellation

Sensor cover

So the cover over my heart rate senor is sliding off and not staying attached anymore. It exposes this sticky black foam and the senors and so far I have been able to stick it back on but it keeps sliding off. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Sensor cover

Hello, I'd be more than happy to look into possible service repairs for you if you would send me a private message with your watches full model code and serial number we can get that started. 

userfPFJHQHsXl
Constellation

The exact same thing happened to me today!  How do we fix it?

@JayWhipOnRye wrote:

So the cover over my heart rate senor is sliding off and not staying attached anymore. It exposes this sticky black foam and the senors and so far I have been able to stick it back on but it keeps sliding off. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks!

userLhxouK3g7C
Constellation

When this happened to me, I called Customer Service and was told to, "just stick it back on." 😮 If THAT had worked, I probably wouldn't have called.

She then asked if the phone was damaged to which I replied it wasn't, and I would like to get it repaired correctly so the watch stays undamaged. 😅

I really LOVE my watch, but how can they be water resistant if the back sensor cover comes off that easily? I'm afraid to wear mine in the rain or while working out now and the advertised water resistance was a big selling point for me.

userv1yogZYQxI
Asteroid

SAME HERE!!!!

I bought my galaxy watch in December 2018, and by May 2019 the sensor cover under the watch came off. It is evidently glued together and is not sweat proof. I called support, opened a ticket, and mailed the watch in. I get an email response saying due to "water damage," I have to pay to have it fixed.

Of course there is water damage, from sweat! Is it not a fitness tracker, did you tell us it we can't wear it during fitness use or if we sweat (is there a human who doesn't sweat). No you did not. Now this sticky glue is exposed and they want me to pay to have the watch fixed instead of repairing it and using quality materials. At this point I should have stuck to my apple watch.

Called Samsung on 7/10/19 at 4p, spoke to Caroline, and they are adamant that I pay for repairs. Common sense has been lost as I included pics of the plate coming off and explanation to support. I will not pay for another watch and I will trash this watch in every review and post the pics unless Samsung makes me and (other consumers) whole...it's not right to shortcut and cheapen the quality of what is a great watch and then hold consumers liable to hundreds of dollars!!!

I had to push through support until someone understood the ABCs of the "consumer isn't in the wrong"...it's riduculous!!!

KarlM
Constellation

The same thing happened to me 2 days ago! I took my watch off, and the sensor cover was stuck to my arm along with a lot of messy goop (I assume glue of some kind). The watch has never been exposed to harsh conditions, and is very new. It has never been under water (even though it is supposed to be water proof, so that shouldn't matter).  I tried to put it back on and it seems to be sticking for now, but the heart rate sensor is WAY off now.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I'd be more than happy to look into possible service repairs for you Please send me a private message with your watches full model code and serial number.

edrummond
Constellation

Mine is in the same condition. How do we get it fixed!

Mine is in the same condition. How do we get it fixed!

userDvogoc8Wvq
Constellation

Same issue just got off the phone with warranty center and they are classifying it as physical damage and not warranting it.  Ask to have contact info of warranty manager and service manager and was told they cant give those out.  And asked to speak with the manager and have been on hold for an hour now...what great customer  service!  Think there needs to be a class action settlement started on this issue.