cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Skin burn after new update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anyone else experiencing skin irritation (that looks like a burn) from their samsung gear s3? I've had mine since 2018 and my wife since 2019 and never had a problem but recently I noticed irritation I thought it was only me until my wife noticed the same irritation. We also dont wear them to sleep. Just wondering if the update did something to the heart monitor that now causes burns. Any info would be appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Skin burn after new update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there!

Thank you for reaching out for assistance.

I would be happy to look into your concerns. 

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there!

Thank you for reaching out for assistance.

I would be happy to look into your concerns. 

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I have had mine since December 2018, it's the rose gold one. I've had a problem with it tracking steps and sleep correctly, it's never tracked steps correctly. I complained about that within a month I had to wear it strapped so tight to try to get it to do anything but I gave up. 

So I have worn it intermittently, sometimes I wear it everyday and sometimes I leave it off for a day or two.

BUT: I have never had any issues with this burn until March 2020 with the watch hurting me. I woke up March 19th and my arm was throbbing my last three fingers on my watch hand or painful throbbing and numb. and the watch was dead because it can't hold a charge for even a couple of days. I took it off at 3 in the afternoon..I was busy and didn't pay any real attention to it but when I sit down for dinner 4 hours later, I still had an impression on my wrist and blisters that I've never seen before. There is an obvious circle of blisters where the watch face is, and blistering on the side of my wrist under one side of the strap..I do not wear lotions, perfumes, I don't wear it in the bath. 

I can't figure out what happened. I have not put it back on for two days. My wrist is getting worse not better the skin is darkening where the band was and the watch face. It drops it doesn't itch as if it were dermatitis, it hurts. I have put aloe vera on it I have put Benadryl on it I have put it cortisone cream on it, nothing helps. I won't put up with something that actually harms me this way my skin is darkened as if I have a radiation burn. I've had other fitness trackers in the past and they were nothing like this..

And now that you mention it this occurred just after a recent update! so I need to know what's happening and I'm going to need them to buy back this watch. I had already shown them the receipt when I told him it wasn't tracking correctly oh, so I have to find that photo again but it's interesting to see that others are having the same burn issue my arm is absolutely throbbing,2 days later. It literally looks like cooked meat. 

20200321_170506.jpg

20200321_170257.jpg

20200320_214234.jpg

20200320_214227.jpg

20200321_002758.jpg

IMG_20200322_032240.jpg

Twitter_20200321_111419.jpg

IMG_20200322_032247.jpg

IMG_-rlxvss.jpg

Twitter_20200321_111227.jpg

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes also had a skin burn a couple of days ago. I was researching whether there were other people having the same issue. 

what is Samsung  doing about it

F35EFEEB-F656-4710-B176-E1BD44D28CC9.jpeg

A3D330D3-4091-4282-A956-DF2F22E21156.jpeg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My wife has also had this issue with the latest firmware. Can someone please respond for me to provide the information required.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send your full model code and serial number via private message.