JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Skin burn from watch

(Topic created: 09-20-2020 01:45 PM)
userwVWrWwWEpi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had a Galaxy watch that I got either in Dec 2018 or Jan 2019. I love it but I noticed it really irritates my skin if I wear it too long. The other night I fell asleep with it on and woke up with a burn on my wrist. Does this happen a lot? Pic attached.16006347019684384505392579208586.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey there! @userwVWrWwWEpi

I would be happy to look into your concerns.

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

9 Replies
Arniceous
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
ouch that's no good . sorry you are stuck with that watch
0 Likes
userwVWrWwWEpi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

thanks, it actually looks worse in person too. and I'm a nurse so I had to wrap it up at work so I wouldn't get bodily fluids in it. 😑

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey there! @userwVWrWwWEpi

I would be happy to look into your concerns.

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

Arniceous
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I wonder if the battery is leaking acid..
0 Likes
Arniceous
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
looks like there might be permanent markings from that. I wouldn't recommend wearing it anymore, maybe you might try and return it.
0 Likes
Zero_83
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
apparently a lot of people are experiencing this issue. I think they need to do a recall because of the sensor led or whatever burning the skin
0 Likes
userwVWrWwWEpi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was just looking around at other posts regarding the same issue. Definitely should do a recall. It's like a class action waiting to happen.

0 Likes
Zero_83
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I believe they are looking into a recall but before they do the recall they have to determine if it's because the watch is overheating and it's causing the burn from it touching your skin or if it's actually the sensor that keeps going off occasionally that would recognize say like your heartbeat ECT burning the skin.. a proper recall cannot be done until they find that the proper cause needing the recall they also need to check to make sure it's just not a couple of dud units out of a ton of working ones
0 Likes
userwVWrWwWEpi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

makes sense!

0 Likes