Original topic:

Sleep tracking on Galaxy Watch 5

(Topic created: 09-13-2022 02:31 PM)
userd8q6YlV8Wp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have had the watch for 4 days.  On all 3 nights it has registered my sleep fine starting around 1:30.  I go to sleep at about 11:45 and wake up in about 1 hour or so on most nights.  That should not matter as I am only awake for about 15 minutes or so.  It tracks everything fine but totally shows nothing for that first hour.  Can't tell if the phone is defective or what ... and Samsung has been useless for help.  Anyone have this too or know about it?

3 Replies
Oxford
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
The sensors in the watch have to be somewhat loose, and cannot be pushed up tight against your arm. I have found that when my hands are under a pillow, or if the watch slides up on my arm and becomes tight, the sensors don't work.
0 Likes
userd8q6YlV8Wp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Trying to work with Samsung help system is a nightmare. I spent yesterday from 9:00 a.m. until about 5:00 p.m. between online chats and phone calls. They don't understand what you're talking about. They ask a question that you've already answered. Oftentimes it's a bot and not a human person. Responses can take up to an hour. They should be ashamed to have that going on. Don't have that problem with apple or Microsoft. I gave up on the watch problem of sleep tracking. All they could tell me was to reset it and when that didn't work, and killed off a bunch of my settings, to get a new one. Then each person said they were not the ones to help get it returned. I got it all worked out but I'm going to look at Apple products today.
0 Likes
smurphette
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just switch to this watch from Fitbit Sense which always would allow me to edit start and end times for sleep span and it would adjust stats accordingly.  Finding it VERY frustrating as I have a habit of lying in bed for anywhere from 10-30 min before getting out of bed, and Watch5 includes this time as part of "sleeping" BUT ironically records this as "Awake" time!  On my old Fitbit I could adjust the wake time and get much more accurate stats. 😞  Hope Galaxy will change this.

0 Likes