JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SmartThings app not available???

(Topic created: 07-25-2019 02:34 PM)
userZ8BV9r6Dzx
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

I just got a galaxy watch 46mm and it's supposed to work with my smartthings hub. Samsung says I'm supposed to download the smartthings app to my watch from the store but it doesn't show up in the store. How do i get smartthings to work on this watch??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

Hey there, so we actually got contacted by our SmartThings team this morning. The SmartThings app for Galaxy/Gear Watches has been temporarily removed from the Galaxy Apps store while we perform a few updates to the app.  We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

17 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

What type of device are you pairing the watch with?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userZ8BV9r6Dzx
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Oneplus 7 Pro

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Smart Home Support

Are you able to find the app in the app store on your phone?

0 Likes
userZ8BV9r6Dzx
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

No. I have tried both phone and watch and it doesn't appear anywhere

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Smart Home Support

If that's the case I would recommend reaching out to our Smartthings department directly. Explain to them the SmartThings application is not located in the store for your phone or watch and they should be able to assist you from there. They can be contacted via 866-813-2404, or by email at support@connecthome.zendesk.com.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

Hey there, so we actually got contacted by our SmartThings team this morning. The SmartThings app for Galaxy/Gear Watches has been temporarily removed from the Galaxy Apps store while we perform a few updates to the app.  We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

userZ8BV9r6Dzx
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Do you have an eta when it will be back?

0 Likes
userRMavjsjvHt
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Is there an anticipated date when this functionality will come back? It's really frustrating that an Apple Watch has this capability, but Samsung's own watch product doesn't.

0 Likes
userQnR2nsAF47
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

Six weeks later and still no SmartThings app for the Galaxy Watch.  Unnaceptable Samsung.   Very dissappointing.