cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

So Many Watch 3 Problem

Hi All

Interested in feedback on new Galaxy Watch 3.

My wife got me the watch as a present last week, since the day it was unpacked (especially after the firmware upgrade) I have seen the following problems:

Takes 3 to 4 hours to charge

The maximum life span of the battery is 7 to 8 hours with almost everything turned off, no location tracking, only alerts for calls / SMS etc. I have followed several youtube videos to optimise battery life - nothing makes it more than 8 hours.

Overheating - spontaneously claims it needs cooling and goes into emergency mode. (also doe this sporadically while charging).

I assumed it was faulty so returned it to the store and got a replacement.

Now the new watch does exactly the same thing.

Is this the experience of anyone else - does the store I am getting the watch from having a bad batch, has Samsungs quality control really that bad?

Any feedback/ideas welcome.

This product is currently completely useless!.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sun

Re: So Many Watch 3 Problem

I bought mine on release day at Best Buy. No issues that you have experienced. 2 watches with same problems is unique to say. Maybe a bad batch of watches..
Highlighted
Astronaut

My watch received on Friday is the same.  Not impressed.  Already charged 3 times and only got it Friday night.  Hope there is a fix for this

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I received mine yesterday, ordered directly from Samsung. I already had to factory reset it once. I am testing it against my original Galaxy Watch before I trade that in. So far, battery life isn't as good. I am down to 88% and it was 97% around 9 am or so. I have it on power save mode. It's only been 8 hours. My original Galaxy watch lasts about 4-5 days on power save mode. Might end up returning this. It's a bummer because I really like the Mystic Bronze.
Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same issue with the Galaxy Watch Active 2 Overheating. I have researched over the internet to no avail. Seems millions of people have the same problem. Don't understand why Samsung are selling defective products or why they are not recalling these watcnes.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Whether you're using a phone, tablet, smart watch, or earbuds, all Galaxy devices have a set temperature range, where they operate at their best. While they may feel warm under certain conditions, like charging, this does not affect the device's lifespan or performance. However, if your devices get too warm, it could cause some issues. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00076952/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Galaxy

I have had two Galaxy Watch 3's, and while I haven't noticed the temperature problems below, they both, (one from Samsung on release, the other a month later from Amazon, both returned), had the issue of the heart rate bailing out randomly during an activity.  That was why I returned the original to Samsung, and later decided to give it another try.  Bought one from Amazon, did the same activity, and the HR bailed out again for about 1/3 of the activity.  Then several more small disconnects.  I returned it also.  Now, before someone says "you're not wearing it tight/loose/high enough, I have had Suunto's, Garmins, (Fenix 3, 5, 6, 6 pro) Apple Watches, (2, 3 4, and 6) and a couple Polars a while ago, and NONE had this problem.  This is unique to Samsung, and consistent (to the watches I could test).  Gotta wonder why this is, and if Samsung is aware, or attempting to correct this.  Anyone else seeing this?