cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Software updates

I would be very happy when Samsung start to roll out software updates faster then what they have been. Expecially for US devices.  Why is it that the one UI 3 is already being tested on some devices via a beta but not all the devices received the one UI 2.5 update yet.  To me that is sad.  I just want to be able to update my samsung watch active 2 to utilize the blood pressure monitor, fall detection etc...that samsung has promised for over a year now. In the future, I will not buy anything right off the bat, that does not have the full features ready to go from the beginning. I am sorry Samsung but you are known to always being doing things like this. 
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Software updates

my thoughts exactly!! Can't fix one phone before next phone is in your face!
Highlighted

NOT holding my breath!

*Owner of every single Note. Upgraded this year to the Note 20+ 512 GB and the Samsung Watch3 LTE. Pre-ordered the WIFI Tab S7+ 512 GB
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

samsung has *historically* been slow on updates in the US anyway....why???? I dunno but they must have BTS reasons.
one thing is in THE US AND THE US ONLY I know for sure is updates come from your carrier, t-mobile/att/version....so your carrier gets the update from samsung then they roll it out to there customers.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Software updates

Understood. Unless there is an international issue, it seems still that Google and apple gets their updates out in timely manner compared to Samsung.
Highlighted
Asteroid

If I am not mistaken, when Apple has a software update, they push it out to the all their phones that will be receiving it right away. Why don't Samsung do the same but push software updates only to the latest phones first? Is there a reason for this?