cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userN49OkYKcDE
Constellation

Standalone mode

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought my galaxy watch one month ago ,i paired it successfully to my oppo f7 but for some reason it keeps going to standalone mode. This is very frustrating especially since the website does not say anything about the watch not being compatible to my phone and i confirmed this would not be an issue before purchasing it.  Yes,i downloaded all the necessary apps(galaxy wearable app) and  paired it using Bluetooth as well. Please help as its its  frustrating as i bought the watch for its convenience but now it makes no difference. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Standalone mode

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, I am not seeing the Oppo F7 on our official compatibility list which could be why you are unable to use the watch and all its features. You can check the compatibility list here: https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-watch/device-compatibility/

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, I am not seeing the Oppo F7 on our official compatibility list which could be why you are unable to use the watch and all its features. You can check the compatibility list here: https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-watch/device-compatibility/

Highlighted
userN49OkYKcDE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Galaxy Watch pairs with smartphones running Android 5.0 or higher & RAM 1.5GB above, iOS 9.0 and later, and smartphones iPhone 5 and newer. (For iPhone 6S and 6S+ running iOS 10 and later, connection to Gear may be unstable.)
*The following information is subject to change.
*Galaxy Watch is not compatible with tablet PCs.
*Compatible smartphones and available features may vary by region, carrier and device.

it's not in the listing I agree but it has the qualifications necessary as shown above.

secondly, I confirmed with one of the Samsung support tech there, a lady before buying it if it was compatible with my phone and she said yes. she gave me false information and I bought the watch based on it. Being on standalone mode defeats the purpose of a smartwatch.