Original topic:

Step tracking

(Topic created: 11-16-2022 09:58 AM)
Tootce
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

If you are looking for a watch to track every step, this watch is not for you.  I have had my watch 5 for about a month, I can't seem to make 7k steps in a day.  I researched this issue, apparently you have to swing your arms in order for this watch to count your steps.  I pur my fitbit on, along with my Watch5, my fitbit counts my steps more accurately, by hundreds of steps!  So frustrating!!  Watch 5 works better with my ZFold but not happy with accuracy!!

0 Likes
9 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
I get steps without swinging my arms all the time. I love my galaxy watch.
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
I walk our pastures (many acres) all the time for walking exercise ... every now and then I manually count my steps and compare to my Watch ... pretty darn accurate , and without purposefully arm swinging
Oxford
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
You do realize that no watch or electronic device actually counts steps? What they do is track movements, specifically your arms and GPS location to provide you with an estimation of Step count. Just because your Fitbit indicates more steps does not mean that it is more accurate.
0 Likes
Tootce
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch has been off since I got it.  I did read on Samsung that it may not even count steps while mowing because your arm is not swinging.  I put it on my ankle once to get a more accurate reading.   I move a lot, I know approximately how many steps I take daily, it is not accurate.

0 Likes
SolidBoss7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
"I read on Samsung" - what does this even mean?
0 Likes
Tootce
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Their help/solution site.  

0 Likes
SolidBoss7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
So, just like this app. If it's speculation from other users that is not to be taken as fact
0 Likes
Tootce
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

It was from a Samsung rep, so whatever!  

0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
When I'm mowing on the zero turn, it does erroneously record steps, so I take the watch off when mowing
0 Likes