Original topic:

Steps Tracking During Cycling Activity

(Topic created: 07-20-2022 08:23 PM)
GrandSlamsung
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Is there a way to disable step tracking until after the cycling activity has ended?  I noticed while cycling I'm getting over 1k steps in a 20 minute workout.  This might seem controversial but seems to deminish the point of tracking steps.  Maybe the walking algorithm may just need to be tweaked.  
0 Likes
3 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your watch counting steps while you are cycling and I would be happy to look into this for you. I would recommend checking if your watch has auto-detect workouts turned on. If yes, I would recommend turning off during your cycling exercises for the following reason: If you use the steps tracker while traveling by car or train, vibration may affect your step count. I am thinking while riding your bike the watch may be vibrating causing the watch to trigger you step count. Give this link a try for more information how your watch can inaccurately count steps on your watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003112/#inaccurate-step-factors-on-your-sams...

0 Likes
GrandSlamsung
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
This link is good information. However if I am in a cycling activity on the watch it should be at least more diligently filtering out false steps. This may be too difficult to achieve. I can understand if the watch didn't know you were cycling that it would rack up steps.

Thanks.
0 Likes
GrandSlamsung
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Easy solution would to disable step tracking during activities like cycling, rowing, horseback riding, mountain Biking, ect.
0 Likes