cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userVm0iF1afVY
Constellation

Sudden Galaxy Watch Battery Drain With Recent Update!

As the subject says, recently updated my Galaxy Watch to firmware R800XXU1DSK2 and until then I was getting 4-5 days of battery life but after the update it only took ~12 hours for my fully charged battery to drain to 0% and die. I don't know what else it could be other than the update. Looking for any help /suggestions for fixing this issue. Thank you in advance!

13 REPLIES 13
Coronado1527
Asteroid

Re: Sudden Galaxy Watch Battery Drain With Recent Update!

Check if there's an update for your current watch face, as that was the problem with my old Galaxy Classic Gear S3

useryiPkiycnFM
Astronaut

I have the exact same issue after an update this weekend. Charged to 33%, dead 3 hours later. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I please have the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Model number:

Serial number/IMEI:

Software version:

Bluetooth or LTE:

Carrier:

Device the watch is paired with:

Android version on your device:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userwLS7MMErxx
Astronaut

I have same problem, please help.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I please have the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Model number:

Serial number/IMEI:

Software version:

Bluetooth or LTE:

Carrier:

Device the watch is paired with:

Android version on your device:

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userV8jx8wHuqF
Constellation

I'm also having the same issue. Ever since the update, the battery is draining so quickly. I initially thought that the battery wasn't charging correctly but it was charged to 100% this morning and 3 hours later, my battery level  is currently at 10%. Please let me know if there's a new update coming out or it can be fixed.

userJmrarHSdxV
Constellation

Is this the One UI 1.5 update?

Samsung_B8XS1IG
Astronaut

Also for me same problem plus LED cover not working 😞

userCkQgHi3hOU
Constellation

I'm getting the same behavior after the last update, previous to this one I was getting around 4 days of battery, I was proud of my watch, now I'm lucky if I get onw day. This last update was a complete disaster.

Model number: SM-R800

Serial number/IMEI:<hidden>

Software version: R800XXU1DSK2

Bluetooth or LTE: Bluetooth

Carrier: NA

Device the watch is paired with: Samsung S9

Android version on your device: Android 9