cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Supported Golf Apps

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does any one know of any Golf Apps that are supported on the Active 2 watch, or are specific to Active 2?

Those apps that I did find (like Hole19) that support smartwatches, seem not to support the Tizen OS wirth the Galaxy Wearables software, but require Wear OS 2.

I did hear of one app that specifically supports the Active 2, but cannot find any reference to it.

Thanks for any help.

Nick

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Supported Golf Apps

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you opened "Galaxy Store", click on "Watch" and search for 'golf'? 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you opened "Galaxy Store", click on "Watch" and search for 'golf'? 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks a lot - that helped and I found the one I was trying to find that is specifically for the Active 2

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user0tEYHSNlm1 wrote:

Thanks a lot - that helped and I found the one I was trying to find that is specifically for the Active 2

Great! Glad that I could help. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, Could you tell me the app that LongHiker  found that was specifically for the Active 2.

Thanks

@LongHiker wrote:

@user0tEYHSNlm1 wrote:

Great! Glad that I could help. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you please share your findings. What golf app is specifically for the Active 2?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try golf pad. But it isn't free.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried Golf Pad and only used it a couple of times.  I don't recall now why, but I didn't like it at all.  I don't believe Golf Pad shows the distance of your shot while playing, which is a deal breaker to me.  My Garmin watches have all shown me this stat.  I hit the ball and once I arrive wherever it landed, I can see how far it traveled.  This is huge if you play much.  It also will save you strokes because it will help give you an idea of where your ball is based on how far you usually hit the ball with that club.  For example, I hit my driver about 225 on average.  If I'm having trouble finding my ball, I make sure to look at my watch and go out around that yardage - it has saved me on numerous occasions.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's a shame that Tizen doesn't have free and good golf apps like android Wear 2 or apple. The ones you have are premium and you have to pay. I have the galaxy watch active 2 is considered as premium by samsung, however it does not follow some modalities such as Golf. I do not advise to buy. Possibly my next watch will be an Apple or an android wear 2.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, you are correct.  However, even the ones that cost something aren't any good.  The lack of a solid golf app is really the only thing that has been disappointing since owning my Samsung Galaxy 46mm watch.  I've had it for about a year and a half and have been looking since I bought it. 

I've tried everything out there and they all, well, suck.  The apps are so bad that I kept my Garmin Vivoactive 3 instead of selling it and wear it when I play golf.  This is annoying because then my steps counts are split between two watches and I have to manage the batteries on two watches.

The two that I had the most hope for...

myRoundPro Golf by TaylorMade: this app has a REALLY nice layout and professional feel.  However, I couldn't get it to work past one hole.  I tried repeatedly to get it to work by deleting it and reinstalling it, trying different golf courses, and different days and times.  Nothing worked.  If you read the comments on this app, I'm not alone in my experience.

Golfwith: Stats didn't save correctly and had a host of connection issues.  It was the best golf app I found but after using it a dozen or so times, I had enough.

I WISH Samsung would build a golf app as part of their watch as Garmin has.  The built-in garmin golf activity is really good.  I just don't like Garmin watches as well as I do Samsung.  Ugh.