Original topic:

Swimmer

(Topic created: 06-16-2021 11:51 AM)
userK9wGB75X7s
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello I have used 2 of Samsung watches for my lap swimming and love the way it tracks and records my laps. My latest watch the galaxy 3 was no exception, I loved it. 

Well last week after a swim I turned off my swim app and the watch did its regular clearing of moisture but turned off. When I got home I turned it back on only for it to reboot and turn off.

I contacted support and made sure it was still under warranty and got a ticket number and sent it in for repair. A few days later I received an email letting me know that my watch would cost $219.00 to be repaired even though my warranty was still good for another 6 months.

I again contacted support and was told ( to make a long story short) that moisture had gotten into the watch do to my misuse and I would be responsible fo repair. I explained that I use the watch for tracking my swimming and the watch is rated for the use I was using it for. But support explained that even though I had used it for that moisture had gotten in and that was my misuse. 

I am now confused, and I explained this to support. Now even if I repair my watch if the same thing happens, my watch will not be covered even under warranty! And yes support confirmed this. 

I use a Samsung Note 8,  a Samsung Galaxys2 and 3 and a Samsung fit2 Pro and am now considering going with Apple!

6/16/21 follow up. I did end up paying the $219 to get my watch back. I do like the watch. Now that being said I would like to know what I did wrong so that I dont do it again.  Except for not swimming with it that is! Come on Samsung Help me understand ...

4 Replies
SuperControler
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Assuming you swim quite often, water damage was bound to happen at some point since the watches aren't completely waterproof. Furthermore, repair procedures can often further reduce the watch's water resistance. The only suggestion I can give is to wrap it in a waterproof material while you're swimming, which should at least help somewhat.
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

No matter what nature throws at you - whether it's rain or puddles - your watch will be perfectly fine. That's because many Samsung smartwatches and fitness bands are water-resistant. In other words, you can keep track of your workout when it's raining, or even underwater! Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078031/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userK9wGB75X7s
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for responding to my post. Samsung Moderator, I went to your link and as far as I can see it says as long as I dont stay under 5 feet of water for more than 30 min. or keep my watch under water  5 feet of water for more than 30 min I should be good to keep track of workouts even underwater! Ok, so what did I do wrong? Did I not dry my watch enough after my workouts? 

I think Astronaut is right, this watch is not waterproof and just using it to track my swims is not keeping water out. I know this watch is water resistant but does that mean It will track my swim until it leaks again! Again thank you for trying to let me know what I did to void my warranty. 

0 Likes
userK9wGB75X7s
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello Samsung Moderator are you there? Can you answer as to what I did to void my warranty? Except swim with the watch?

0 Likes