Original topic:

Syncing my phone and watch

(Topic created: 05-25-2022 07:07 PM)
Rocknteddy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I was given a samsung watch as a gift and using a different samsung phone. When I try to sync the watch with the new samsung phone I get an error massage that I need to update and load to the cloud. The short of it is I tried everything and it still doesn't work.  My original phone is history so taking the steps on it is not an option.  Anyone able to tell me if resetting my watch and or phone are an option to get the new phone and watch inked up?.  
0 Likes
10 Replies
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Rocknteddy To use a watch with a different phone, you must reset the watch. 

0 Likes
Rocknteddy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Where do I get the fine key pin to perform the reset. It's a super small hole. Was never given one for phones or watch
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Rocknteddy "Where do I get the fine key pin to perform the reset."

What? That is not needed. On the watch, go into settings. Scroll to the bottom and click on "Connect to a new phone". 

0 Likes
Rocknteddy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Everytime I try this I get the error message I mentioned originally. Thus my frustration. Trying to reset but struggling with this too.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Rocknteddy "Everytime I try this I get the error message I mentioned originally. "

Is it an error message or is it a prompt asking you if you want to backup your watch before resetting? 

0 Likes
jollyjumper
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes both is n option
0 Likes
Rocknteddy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Ok. Just trying to figure out how to reset
0 Likes
squirt69
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Try try then try again
0 Likes
DevGruu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
You can physically reset the device by going into the bootloader.

To do this press and hold both physical buttons and dont release untill you see the Samsung logo.

When the logo appears let go of the two physical buttons and then rapidly press the red stripped physical button multiple times.

Scroll to recovery by pressing the red striped physical button multiple times.

Select recovery by holding the red stripped physical button.

Now scroll down with the non striped physical button to the wipe data / factory reset.
Select wipe data / factory reset by pressing the red stripped physical button.
0 Likes