Original topic:

T-Mobile Watch6 44mm Can't Find Android System After Connecting

(Topic created: 11-28-2023 06:32 AM)
nyuhsuk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a T-Mobile Watch6 LTE 44mm that was updated to the latest Nov 1 security update (I believe it was firmware AWK4?).  After the update completed and rebooted the watch, it eventually crashes, enters the bootloader and states that it cannot find the Android system.  The current setup I have for the watch (been running fine since receiving it after preorder ~late August? September?)

• Has its own DIGITS line but it is tied to a Samsung S10e with its own phone line
    • The number we call is the phone's, not the watch's
  • The Samsung account is mine across several devices
  • The Google account is the kid's and I manage it with Family Link

I have tried to the following troubleshooting items thus far to no avail:

- Enter recovery mode and:

• Wipe cache partition and reboot - FAIL
  • Run graphics/locale tests and reboot - FAIL

- After a factory reset:

• Just leave the watch unlinked from the phone - STABLE
  • Just tie the watch to the phone and link just the Samsung account - STABLE
  • Just tie the watch to the phone and link just the Samsung account and activate the phone plan - I think STABLE
    • Try to add in the Google account afterwards, the phone is unable to add it but the watch stays stable I believe
  • If i try to redo the Samsung account and the Google account all at once, the sync happens fine and then the watch reboots once to install some kind of update.  The first reboot comes up to the watch face again but then after some activity, it reboots again, and then enters the bootloader and states it cannot find the Android system and is FUBARed.

I need to flesh out third scenario after a factory reset again but anyone else having any luck with a similar setup or have any suggestions?

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had the same exact thing happened to me when I downloaded a wearable app off the Play store which was material you and it was a paid app it basically made my watch look like a Google Pixel I fixed it by doing a factory reset. Deleted the wearable app from the Samsung Play store and then downloaded it from the Google Play store there is a difference1701268040850.jpg
0 Likes
Antonml
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
nyuhsuk. Did you ever come to a conclusion or a fix. I have the exact same problem? 100% as you have outlined.
0 Likes
nyuhsuk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am currently not adding the Google account to the watch. I couldn't determine an app that may have caused the issue like anonymous suggested. I'm thinking of trying again if I can identify the app or just wait for the next software update.
0 Likes
nyuhsuk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Tried turning off auto update but it seems only Samsung settings allow that. Google still does auto updates regardless. No dice. What carrier are you with?

I have a Fold4 and linked it to the factory reset watch. No problems. Google and everything worked fine. The main difference I noticed is the Fold4 did not require the Samsung Watch6 Manager plugin. I used a Pixel 6a and connected the watch. Same exact error as my S10e. The wearable app and plugin are the same versions between the two phones. Is it the plug-in? What phone are you using?
0 Likes
Antonml
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I found out the problem was with the Wear OS and Goolge Family Link for a kid account.
0 Likes
nyuhsuk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I do have that on my account as well. That's **bleep** from Google then...
0 Likes
nyuhsuk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Have you tried unlinking family link and reconnecting? And then relinking?
0 Likes
Members_yE1i7Pi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

On my kid's just-opened, brand new Watch 6 bluetooth, I keep getting this (see photo). It automatically happens shortly after watch completes Family Link setup and appears ready to use.  Then it's sluggish for a few moments and powers off and back on. Can't get past this.

Already tried Factory data reset ... and repeating entire setup, and problem consistently returns.

Is this the same screen you're getting?

Members_yE1i7Pi_1-1703446148982.png

Members_yE1i7Pi_0-1703446148973.png

0 Likes
nyuhsuk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes, ant confirmed it's due to the combination of family link and the latest updates. It wasn't an issue until about late Nov / early Dec. Do not link the Google account and just stick with the Samsung account for now.
0 Likes