Original topic:

T-Mobile Watch6 44mm Can't Find Android System After Connecting

(Topic created: 11-28-2023 06:32 AM)
nyuhsuk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a T-Mobile Watch6 LTE 44mm that was updated to the latest Nov 1 security update (I believe it was firmware AWK4?).  After the update completed and rebooted the watch, it eventually crashes, enters the bootloader and states that it cannot find the Android system.  The current setup I have for the watch (been running fine since receiving it after preorder ~late August? September?)

• Has its own DIGITS line but it is tied to a Samsung S10e with its own phone line
    • The number we call is the phone's, not the watch's
  • The Samsung account is mine across several devices
  • The Google account is the kid's and I manage it with Family Link

I have tried to the following troubleshooting items thus far to no avail:

- Enter recovery mode and:

• Wipe cache partition and reboot - FAIL
  • Run graphics/locale tests and reboot - FAIL

- After a factory reset:

• Just leave the watch unlinked from the phone - STABLE
  • Just tie the watch to the phone and link just the Samsung account - STABLE
  • Just tie the watch to the phone and link just the Samsung account and activate the phone plan - I think STABLE
    • Try to add in the Google account afterwards, the phone is unable to add it but the watch stays stable I believe
  • If i try to redo the Samsung account and the Google account all at once, the sync happens fine and then the watch reboots once to install some kind of update.  The first reboot comes up to the watch face again but then after some activity, it reboots again, and then enters the bootloader and states it cannot find the Android system and is FUBARed.

I need to flesh out third scenario after a factory reset again but anyone else having any luck with a similar setup or have any suggestions?

12 Replies
userwAU6NrufcG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
How do you not link Google account and just stick with Samsung account?
0 Likes
nyuhsuk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
During initial setup, skip inputting your Google account. I'm heavily considering removing family link at this point. Pointless for the watch anyway.
0 Likes
userwAU6NrufcG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Anyone has an update to this issue?
0 Likes