cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ieee
Constellation

Tablet, Cant connect to Samsung Watch Active in Wearable App

Here is your enquiry.

Cant connect to Samsung Watch Active in Wearable App (2019-06-12)

* Bitte machen Sie im Folgenden möglichst detaillierte Angaben, damit wir Ihnen bestmöglich weiterhelfen können. 
1) OS-Version: Android 5.1.1 
2) Zugriffsart: Bluetooth 
3) Beschreibung des Fehlers: Because device is not a smartphone it shows other Accesoirs in Wearable App? -> But still cant connect to Samsung Active Watch. 

* Bitte machen Sie im Folgenden möglichst detaillierte Angaben, damit wir Ihnen bestmöglich weiterhelfen können. 
1) OS-Version: Android 5.1.1 
2) Zugriffsart: Bluetooth 
3) Beschreibung des Fehlers: Verbindung nicht möglich wieso? Samsung Wearable macht einen Unterschied ob ich ein Smartphone oder Tablet habe? 

(03_WearableErrorNotice.jpg) ->On Samsung Smart Watch (Active)
"Check your phone to complete setup"

Problem is in Wearable App!!! 
Why this Notice -> What is not compatible?
Android 5.1.1? 
Only because its a tablet? 
My aim is to connect Samsung Active Watch with Samsung Tablet SM-P605.

Installed apks: 
Samsung accessory 3.1.93 
Gearplugin 2.2.07 
Watchmanager 2.2.24 

1.) Samsung sHealth works on Tablet I can find Samsung Active  (01_sHealth_Samsung_Active.jpg) 

2.1) When connecting the Wearable APP appears :/ -> shows Code. (02_PairingSucessfull.jpg) 

2.2)Samsung Active Watch shows the Code too and is connected.
2.3)Samsung Active Watch shows "Check your phone to complete setup. 

3.) On Tablet the stupid Wearable App says:
"Check whether your system software is compatible or needs to be aupdated, then try again." (03_WearableErrorNotice.jpg) 

Problem is in the Wearable App! Wearable App shows no Samsung Active Watch instead I i stalled the gear active plugin. 
(05_SamsungWearableAppDeviceNotAppearing.jpg) 

How can I connect Samsung Active Watch  in Samsung Wearable App? 
-> There is only Galaxy Buds 
-> or Gear IconX

How can I configure it so I am able to connect to Samsung Active Watch? I assume it detects that its a Tablet and blocks all devices except these two.... But the older Wearable app was showing the gear watch.

Best regards 
2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Tablet, Cant connect to Samsung Watch Active in Wearable App

Was this device purchased in the US?

ieee
Constellation

Re: Tablet, Cant connect to Samsung Watch Active in Wearable App

Hi SamsungQue
Yes.

Samsung updated the galaxy watch compatibility website, when I last checked the sentence:
"*Galaxy Watch is not compatible with tablet PCs." was not there...
https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-watch/device-compatibility/
-> So I can see that Samsung cant make it compatible for Tablets so the Wearable doesent show any Watches???

-> The Samsung Phones are not compatible too? (They are not on this webseite ^^)
-> My tablet has Android 5.1.1 and 3 GB RAM so the requirements are fullfilled?
-> Its not a IPAD its a SAMSUNG TABLET, how is that so difficult?

-> because I remember that the Samsung Gear Watch appeared in the Wearable App from Galaxy App Store.
1. How can I enable the Watches in the Wearable app?
2. Or how can I use Samsung Health with the Samsung Watch Active without using Wearable App.
3. Where can I get the Android Project Files for the Wearable App? Maybe I am able to do it with a inofficial Version?