cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Terrible Customer Service

I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch, which is under warranty, and I have had a terrible time getting Samsung to resolve my problem.  Because of this long-drawn-out matter, I would not recommend the company's watch line.  It has gone back to Samsung for repair twice and still doesn't work.  When I sent it out it connected to the Verizon Network without any trouble, but once the repair shop returned it, it would no longer connect.  That was a new problem (not the original issue).  Of course, that kicked off probably 40-hours of back and forth between Verizon and Samsung, trying to sort the matter out.  The matter has been going on since near the start of stay-at-home orders, at a time when I needed my digital tools the most.  Eventually, Samsung said they would replace it, Of course, that's after I had to send it back twice during the emergency and lost a realliy good watch band the first time.  Also, I had difficulty getting a consistent and timely response from Samsung.  After the second time, they said they would simply replace the watch as Verizon continues to insist that it is a non-VZW branded item.  Of course, the receipt (which I had to find) said it was a VZW line, they sold me service, and it worked on the network, until Samsung repaired it.  Of course, Verizon is just as bad as Samsung, but that's another complaint.  My question is does anyone in the group know how I can escalate the complaint?  The help desk tells me they will open a file and send it off to quality assurance for review.  I'd like to file my own complaint directly as historical performance indicates that this too will be lost by Samsung.  I'll be sure to give plenty of feedback on BestBuy and on social media platforms about the product.  I do not recommend it as no one would want to invest this amount of time haggling with two help desks while getting inconsistent responses.  But I would like to file something formally with Samsung.  I just did a search of the website and came up with very little -- something about corporate responsibility and ethics. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Terrible Customer Service

I'm in a similar situation right now.

Galaxy watch 42mm bought from T-Mobile. Worked perfectly and was set up & linked to one phone number being paid for on another separate account (husbands).

One day the watch shut off & wouldnt charge with the charge dock flashing lights... did troubleshooting and Samsung had me send it in. They repaired under warranty and sent back.

Now it won't connect to mobile network at ALL despite resets. T-Mobile said it is a Samsung issue. Samsung says it is T-Mobile. Pure headache. T-Mobile has tried to fix it but the watch is not seeing or registering the ICCID (says unknown). Thats the major hiccup right now. I know it worked BEFORE the repair was done...  but not after. Plus now T-Mobile says it cannot be connected to one device but paid for on separate different account (which it CAN as it WAS).

I paid more for it to have connectivity with WiFi AND data on the watch. Now its WiFi only.

I'm being told I'll have to send it BACK IN AGAIN.

I don't mind doing it so long as it is fixed RIGHT.... heck just replace it with a new one I'm ok with THAT option. I just want what I paid for!

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Terrible Customer Service

Gosh, it's so frustrating, and I agree I just want what I paid full price for from Both Verizon and Samsung.  For me too, a major disappointment was the significant number of hours repeating the steps.  I'll bet I have 40 or more hours involved in exchanging chats (particularly with Verizon, as you couldn't get someone on the phone) and usually, the recommended steps were just repetitive processes.  I'm still struggling with them to get a reasonable resolution and will send it in for the 3rd time now.  You just have to wonder if this time, it'll work as I made my concerns clear the 2nd time.  I don't know why they couldn't send me a replacement watch (new or rebuilt or whatever they want to do) and once that one arrives have me return the one that doesn't work.  I do use their Samsung device on WI/FI/Bluetooth. But they said they couldn't do that.  Hopefully, they are able to resolve your problem.  I made sure to post on BestBuy and Amazon the experience with Samsung/VZW and indicate that I would not recommend the Samsung Watch.  Thanks for sharing your problem